My pup is teething

Darky

my pup is teething, and now his teeth has grown and if he chews on our fingers well it become a habit? and basicly he chews on everything he thinks he can chew on.

also near the end of the night when its almost bed time, he becomes extreamly hyper. he runs around the couch 5 times and then bites something or one of us, pretty hard not a soft chew.

well is go on? or something? im just worried. this is my first.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Try to have toys that he can chew on. When he goes to chew on your fingers, give him the toy. When he starts to chew on the toy, say "Good (name of dog)".

If he is teething, some people say to put a toy or a wet cloth in the freezer to make it cold so it soothes the gums.

My pup is 3 1/2 months old and is hyper at night also. I think it may be because he needs exercise. At night we tend to relax and watch tv so the pup builds up all this energy inside and wants to play. Maybe try playing with him before you're ready to go to be so he'll be tired and do the same thing.

Y

yuckaduck

I used chilly bones which were made to wet and freeze, they even came in their own freezer bags. I bought two and alternated them around. Yukon loved them, along with a frozen stuffed kong. Lots of rawhides bones---under close supervision only of course. This got us through Yukon's teething stage.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Yup, use the chewies. Don't let your pup chew your fingers. As a general rule, don't let your puppy do anything that you don't want him to do as an adult.

Members online

No members online now.