Wolf sketch and Lucy WIP

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I've been working forever on this Lucy portrait, but it still needs work. The eye on the left is all wrong, shading needs work, etc.

I'm pretty much done with the wolf. It only took about 15 minutes. It's not a drawing that I meant to have tons of detail.

My scanner is broken so I had to take pictures with my camera.

Here they are. Critiques welcome!

I think maybe if you do a quick version of Lucy like you did the wolf, you will be able to go back and get the drawing of Lucy you want on the detailed one :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Are you drawing from life or from a photograph? If it is from a photograph turning it upside down will let you see it for what it is and not what you perceive it to be. It is a great start! YOur wolf rocks.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Thanks for the tips! :) I know the Lucy one sucks, but it does look a lot better in real life.

I'm drawing from life. For future reference, smkie, are you saying to draw it upside down?

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
oh I love your wolf! And I think drawing from real life is a challenge--especially if your subject moves on you! Nice work.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Not if your drawing from life..if your drawing from life really start with gesture lines only and build up from there. THat way you can catch the fluid movement. Drawing from life is hard when it comes to animals. I have one from Mary that I painted. It took months because I would catch her in the same pose and make a small change, over and over and over again.

IF your drawing from a photograph and you get stuck on something and it just doesn't look right, turn your photo and your drawing upside down, it will help you see what shape it really is and not what your mind is perceiving it to be. THen you can go back to right side up.

J

jasikajasz

Here a wolf sketch is a really a nice and your drawing is a fantastic,I am also a draw a this kind of things I also a post my picture as soon as possible.

Members online

No members online now.