I'm Very Sad

Crushed actually. I haven't mentioned anything on Chaz, because I didn't want to curse things, but there is a litter of puppies on the ground, and I was second in line for a male. There's one who looks perfect (of course, they are only 2 weeks old, so that should be taken with a grain of salt). I've been preparing for this for a while now, and I haven't been able to wait.

My mother was diagnosed with cancer this week. She will need surgery and chemo starting in the next few weeks. After much thought, I decided that bringing a puppy in right now, knowing that my help might be needed and it will be a high stress time, is not a good thing. I've had to call the breeder and tell them that I was backing out for my little one. She was very kind about it, and thought I was doing the right thing, but it still hurts. Three years I've waited for this puppy, and it was almost in my grasp.

I haven't been able to say anything to anyone else, because I know it will sound very selfish to nondog people that I'm so upset about this puppy that I've never even seen, when there are millions of dogs in the world and Mom is facing something much worse.

Am I being selfish? I would certainly never blame my mother for this, it's just terrible timing and circumstances. I've been wanting my whippet for so long, though, and I actually saw pictures and felt like one of them was coming to me.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm sorry, on so many levels, that must be very frustrating. :-/ There will be another puppy, don't ever forget that. I hope things turn up for mom though.

Toller_08

I am so very sorry. How heartbreaking, on both accounts. :(

I hope your mom will be ok! And yes, while it might feel awful right now, there will be another puppy. I am so sorry you have to wait even longer, though.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I can't imagine how difficult of a decision that was to make. I don't think you are selfish for feeling the way you do. It is an extreme disappointment to get excited about the possibility of a puppy finally coming home, especially one you have waited for over the matter of years, and then have it not work out. I think you are feeling completely normal in fact. Plus I think the reason you had to take a pass on the puppy just makes it all the more emotionally challenging. It's not like you passed on getting a puppy because you've suddenly decided to take a year-long vacation to Hawaii or something...

(((((((MAJOR HUGS)))))))

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
:( That's very hard. I will be keeping you and your mom in my thoughts.

I just pulled out of a litter coming next year for other reasons, and I'm still quite upset as well.

Well who wouldn't be sad and disappointed? Not only about not getting the puppy but about the reason for it as well. What a double whammy. You can absolutely be sad or disappointed about the circumstances without that meaning you are being selfish or blaming your mother.

Saeleofu

My mom keeps feeding my dogs at the table, even though I tell her OVER AND OVER not to. Just now she fed Logan a piece of banana while sittng at the table. I SAW HER DO IT. I told her not to. And all she says is "I didn't give him anything!" BULL ****. YES YOU DID. YOU'RE THREE FEET AWAY FROM ME. I SAW IT.

Hugs to you! But no, you aren't being selfish and are doing the right thing, I'm stating that to you from not one, but two similar personal experiences! Mistake #1 was never fixed, Mistake (erm, well everything was planned out then things fell apart shortly after) #2 is slowing getting manageable and heading towards fixed. So sorry to hear this, it's terrible I know, but you're doing the right thing, and that perfect puppy will come if you wait patiently, I promise, you will be very thankful you waited once you get there and have the time to raise that puppy right, right from the start.

Saeleofu

My mom keeps feeding my dogs at the table, even though I tell her OVER AND OVER not to. Just now she fed Logan a piece of banana while sittng at the table. I SAW HER DO IT. I told her not to. And all she says is "I didn't give him anything!" BULL ****. YES YOU DID. YOU'RE THREE FEET AWAY FROM ME. I SAW IT.
Well, I have no idea how/why this ended up here. Oops. :eek: :confused:

ANYWAY, (((HUGS))). You will get the right dog for you when the time comes. I know it sucks to have to wait, though, AND have to deal with this on top of it.

Members online

No members online now.