hound people

D&Co

hi all, new here already posted an intro.

any hound type owners or sub-forums here.

glad to be here and talk dog.

cheers

Pops2

A couple. I prefer curs to to hounds but I like any dog that wants to get out and hunt.

D&Co

I got curs but I get sick of trying to explain it so I just say hound dog. If its got drop ears and barks a lot its prolly a hound to most.

Pops2

I got curs but I get sick of trying to explain it so I just say hound dog. If its got drop ears and barks a lot its prolly a hound to most.
Well don't keep us in suspense, elaborate.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Those dogs in your video look kind of like leopard curs- before they decided to turn them into coonhounds here in the US.

D&Co

could be anything really, i own them and i don't know for sure, they are just meat dogs is all i know. they don't follow cold tracks or vocalise on the trail and they run fast and catch so not exactly a hound but possibly from the same proto-type way back just selected different over a long time.

not a fan of the breed purity concept thats why i have started posting here to get away from the purebred forums.

here is the pups on their first trip outside the enclosure they were born, they actually got blooded on this trip and they are now hunting independently at their current age of 4/5 months.

mom and big bro still have to bail there butts out of trouble tho if things get too hot.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCn6fahf7Q&list=UUJzlbxvvCyyxmA--2OSWIyg&index=10[/YOUTUBE]

here is the mom's heavy in pup that fought a deadly snake that the gsd alerted on - his nerves were gone instantly and he is a super confident dog- he had never seen a snake before, how did he know it was something lethal?

the old girl tracked in thick growth fought it and killed it.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLywxYZ7f6g&list=UUJzlbxvvCyyxmA--2OSWIyg&index=21[/YOUTUBE]

D&Co

you can see the vids?? i see white square?

only share info about the line if i know you and i don't.

hunt feral cats, pigs, wild dogs, even some bird species, pretty much anything, oh and 1 snake.

Pops2

Well being as you're in OZ, and the color, I'd figure some Dane or coolie. Maybe some Arab or bullygrey. Considering the DDA and the wankers that will rat you to the council, I'm pretty sure there is no pit bull, dogo or fila in their background. ;)
Or do you live in the Gold Coast? I know there is supposed to be a fella there with catahoulas, that look ALOT like the dogs in your videos.
I love the Aussie conservation ethic. I wish the whackadoos didn't have our feral cats protected.

Last edited:

D&Co

feral cats are protected???

:eek::eek:

so you can view the vids above, i still only see white boxes??

Pops2

feral cats are protected???

:eek::eek:

so you can view the vids above, i still only see white boxes??
I know right, somehow the little murderers are more important than threatened & endangered NATIVE wildlife. But, yeah in most states they are protected as "companion" animals even though they are as wild as a coyote or fox.

D&Co

yeah it is native species extinction in this ecology when the cats get out. amazing how their colours and size change with a few generations in the wild.

i do my bit for the environment :p:p:p

Pops2

yeah it is native species extinction in this ecology when the cats get out. amazing how their colours and size change with a few generations in the wild.

i do my bit for the environment :p:p:p
My grey & Dane do too when they're able. But the locals kitties have learned to stay in the neighborhoods to avoid the coyotes.

Members online

No members online now.