Cesar Millan attempted suicide

JacksonsMom

Very very sad.

Also very disappointed in some of the things I've seen some self proclaimed 'positive' people saying about it.

Maybe latent self-destructive urges are behind alpha rolling large dogs?

The skeptic in me wonders that he's telling this story just as he's about to launch a new TV show.

I have a difficult time taking anything he says at face value.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy

The skeptic in me wonders that he's telling this story just as he's about to launch a new TV show.

Yes, and Linds, I haven't seen it yet but it's not shocking. Some of the meanest people I know are "purely positive" trainers, it's a really confusing an upsetting reality.

Yes, and Linds, I haven't seen it yet but it's not shocking. Some of the meanest people I know are "purely positive" trainers, it's a really confusing an upsetting reality.
No it's not and I think that's one of the more disappointing things; I knew as soon as I saw it that horrible things would be said and wasn't let down.

Doberluv

I can't stand him or the way he treats dogs, the false and dangerous information he is raining all over the general dog owning public. BUT...I would never wish that kind of sadness on anyone. When someone feels that low to want to end their life, you know it has to be the most devastating feeling of all and it would sadden me to know that another human being is suffering like that.

Yep Renee....that surely could be the case. If he's using that for some kind of gain, to assist with the launching of some new enterprise, then that's about as sick as it gets.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
That's really, really sad.

And I don't even want to THINK about what some of his opposers are going to say. People never fail to disgust me.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Very very sad.

Also very disappointed in some of the things I've seen some self proclaimed 'positive' people saying about it.
This :( I'm so disappointed with what people are saying..especially so called "positive" trainers on my newsfeed.

Don't agree with his training methods? Fine. but to joke or poke fun or be cruel about something as awful as a fellow human being attempting to take his own life is just..wrong.

As for the SD issue.. I don't judge as to why people have service animals. Frankly, it's none of my business why he does or does not. His dogs are well trained in public at the very least... his health and reasons for SD certification are his business entirely. Not all disabilities are visible and celebrities aren't exempt to them.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
This is the first I've heard of it but now I'm kind of afraid to go on fb since I haven't been on in a few days. As the survivor of a suicide attempt (years ago) and someone who lost a loved one to suicide I find it beyond repulsive that anyone would joke or be cruel about something like that. Regardless of how I feel about his training methods I'm so sorry that CM went through that, am thankful that he was not successful, and hope that he never has to face hopelessness like that again.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
I've certainly met some "positive" trainers who only have only extended that courtesy to their dogs, and were vicious people. Now, I've met some very mean traditional trainers as well, but anyways I don't think that's the point here.

I am sad to see he felt he had no other way. I can't help but feeling that maybe he had personal confliction with his training methods, and it caused emotional stress... I mean, I know when I have gotten frustrated with a dog and do something like scream at them or scruff them or whatever, it actually makes me very angry with myself for the rest of the week. Imagine being around so many dogs who are afraid of you because of what you did, having it filmed, dealing with the stress of celebrity status and the massive criticism he has gotten. Must have been overwhelming.

With that said, I don't excuse his past. I just hope he can find a way to get on with the future, in a healthy, aggression-free way.

Tahla9999

Apparently, one month after Daddy passed away, his wife told him she was leaving him. That's hard. Loosing two great loves like that so close together, it would drive anyone over the roof.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
. I can't help but feeling that maybe he had personal confliction with his training methods, and it caused emotional stress... I mean, I know when I have gotten frustrated with a dog and do something like scream at them or scruff them or whatever, it actually makes me very angry with myself for the rest of the week. Imagine being around so many dogs who are afraid of you because of what you did, having it filmed, dealing with the stress of celebrity status and the massive criticism he has gotten. Must have been overwhelming.

I often wonder how that weighs on certain trainers.

I mean, I know many who see dogs as a lesser beast, stock if you will, but he truly seems to love dogs and yet he treats them the way he does? It confuses me and makes me wonder if he's ever frustrated about the fact he could use so much more of positive training and benefit equally.

Paige

Let it be
Sad but I hope him opening up and sharing his story helps someone. He has quite the following. Why anyone would poke fun at suicide is beyond me

Shakou

Regardless of what I think about his training methods, I find this very sad and disheartening. He's still a Human Being, and it's far from funny in any way.

If it's true, I am sincerely glad he failed.

However, with the timing, new show, etc., the controversy and scrutiny his methods have been under, I have to wonder if it really happened . . .

Whatever, I hope some good comes from the story, somehow.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
"q

I mean, I know many who see dogs as a lesser beast, stock if you will, but he truly seems to love dogs and yet he treats them the way he does? It confuses me and makes me wonder if he's ever frustrated about the fact he could use so much more of positive training and benefit equally.
I also wonder if his methods are entirely his own? I remember seeing one episode where he tried clicker training, and it was supposedly one of his lowest rated episodes. Do you suppose NatGeo pushed him to go more extreme, because the episodes with dog bites and highly aggressive dogs are more popular? Who knows.

Again, not defending his methods, just wondering if there is more to this story.

yoko

I was thinking this too. That situation isn't something anyone should wish anyone to be in. But it's old news. It's from back in 2010 and just NOW he is talking about it. I DO think that is weird timing especially since he has that new show coming out.

Honestly I've always thought he really cares about dogs. I've always wondered if maybe he does know there is a better way to train dogs but he's just got such an ego problem and is so deep with his training methods that he's afraid to come out and say 'hey... I was wrong here's a better way!'.

If he ever changed his training ways I'd probably watch some of his stuff. I like how he DOES seem to care about the dogs and seems like a decent guy. A lot of training stuff I've watched I always get the vibe of 'ok this is how to train subject #43847593' and I don't get that from him.

Members online

No members online now.