Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ted Nugent is out of his%#@&% mind!

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Tacos and Margaritas

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
K

Kaydee

In light of the Colorado shooting lets open the forum to how we feel about guns. Do American citizens have the right to own firearms? For hunting? For self-protection? As a collection? Or is owning weapons an antiquated concept from the days of the wild west? My uncle was a hunter with head and antlers on the wall. My grandfather always had a pistol in a cabinet in the living room...until dementia set in and he started answering the door holding it, then my Dad wisely decided it was time to sell it.

We live near an urban area with one of the highest murder rates in the country. Obviously this colors my opinion of gun control. It's frightening to know being in the wrong place at the wrong time, the wrong street at the wrong time...the wrong theater at the wrong time. They aren't aiming at you, you're just collateral damage while they were trying to take out the guy in that store.

There are alot of very angry people out there. In the Colorado shooting the mother of the accused agrees he did it. My husbands brother is like that, unfortunately the police can't bust someone for being insane, or for legally walking into Walmart and purchasing guns. They can only do something after something happens...scary, scary, world out there kids...

CaliTerp07

I definitely am against arming bears. Can you imagine a Polar Bear with a rifle? I mean, the seal population would be gone in an instant with that sort of firearm.

ACooper

Yes. I firmly believe in our right to bear arms. (but not to arm bears!) We've been over, under, around, and through this subject many times and my opinion will not change.

Laws only affect the law abiding.

This fellow in CO (like other mentally ill or law breakers anywhere) will find a way to accomplish what they want regardless of gun laws.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I definitely am against arming bears. Can you imagine a Polar Bear with a rifle? I mean, the seal population would be gone in an instant with that sort of firearm.
I thought this was going to be a joke thread about teddy bears with guns. lol

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
:rofl1: :rofl1:

And Black Bears? Campgrounds and national parks would lose SO much money if the visitors had to deal with armed bears.

Zizzy35

I also live in NJ, and we have the strictest gun laws, yet we also have the most violence. My husband is a police officer, so there are guns in the house. Yet, if I ever had to use it, I would probably go to jail.
Don’t know where you live, but sounds like you could be my neigbor. I live just outside of the ghetto.
I don’t own any guns of my own. I do go trap shooting with Dh, and it’s something I’m trying to get better at.

I know in a lot of other states, it is pretty common for people to hold a CCW, and walk around armed at all times.

I don’t know what Colorado’s laws are.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We own guns. So far none if them have gone out and killed anyone. A sick idividual is a sick individual and you can ban everything you want but it won't stop people from hurting each other. Especially when one can just google how to make your own homemade bomb out of household products

Romy

Taxiderpy
I can't help but think that if a law abiding citizen attending that movie had a concealed carry, there might be less victims.

It's already against the law to murder people. If someone is planning to kill, making it against the law to own a gun isn't going to stop them from getting one and using it.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Whether or not guns are banned, there are always going to be ways to buy them. So many crimes are commited with stolen and/or black market guns. If you legally buy a gun and have it registered in your name, any kind of shooting would be traced back to you.

I'm not worried about the people who legally own guns- I'm worried about the people who have ILLEGALLY obtained them.

S

SevenSins

I firmly believe in the adage, "If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." Murder is already illegal, and yet people commit it all the time. What makes anyone think a ban on owning guns or stricter gun control laws is going to stop events like the one that happened in CO? All that's going to do is make it impossible for the law abiding citizen to defend themselves, when the law abiding citizens are the only ones who will be...well, abiding by the laws.

Xandra

Am Canadian, have (legal owned/stored) guns here, and I support right to own pistols and longguns. Carrying them outside the house is good if it works where you are but isn't something I'd push for where I live.

I do believe storage laws should be loosened so guns can realistically be used for home/property defense (if there is a caveat for farmers to not lock up rifles for farming
control I'm not aware of it, though I doubt that would make a difference to a farmer).

On a similar note I also support castle doctrine 100%.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It's already against the law to murder people. If someone is planning to kill, making it against the law to own a gun isn't going to stop them from getting one and using it.
Yep.

And yes, we have lots of guns. My family all hunts and/or shoots competitively. I have three guns myself but rarely use them.

zoe08

I can't help but think that if a law abiding citizen attending that movie had a concealed carry, there might be less victims.

I completely agree with this.

When the VTech shooting happened, I was still in college, and I could tell you that I would much rather be sitting next to someone in class with a concealed to carry if such an event ever occurred. I would actually feel safer on a campus where concealed to carry was allowed than not allowed. Because it is obvious that people who are going there to shoot others don't care whether it is allowed or not, obviously or all these shootings wouldn't happen. But not allowing us to protect ourselves and other around us....to me THAT is the crime.

Not too mention it might encourage people to go with more mass destructive weapons such as bombs.

LauraLeigh

I think we (Canada) are living proof gun control does not work... Toronto's a hotbed of gun murder and crime these days, 178 shooting so far this year……

And we've had serious restrictions on handguns for a long time, and they attempted long gun registry which is been in place for a while until it was thrown out....

Hasn't stopped much as far as crime goes criminals will find guns somewhere somehow....

I hate gun control it punishes the honest... While the criminals and insane people continue to shoot up Toronto ( and other places as well) like its a video game...

Members online