Happy Birthday, Gonzo!

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
My little Gargonzola just turned 8 today! I can't believe it... seems like just yesterday he was a basket case puppy and I was a teenager way in over my head. Not that much has changed. ; )

I have been reminiscing for hours over old Gonzo pictures, and I just cannot imagine my life without him. He has taught me so much in 8 years, mostly that there is such a thing as unconditional love and devotion in the world. I hate seeing him grow old, and every birthday is getting more and more bittersweet. But it made me really happy today (as we brought him to 3 different pet boutiques in search of toys/treats) to hear from other people that he looks and acts much younger than he is, and that he's still as happy and exhuberant as he ever was. He is getting gray, but I think he's pretty hunky with the salt & pepper look.

Today, Gonzo got a lot of one-on-one time and goodies to make him feel special. We went around to all of the local boutiques and got him some ridiculously expensive duck treats (because he loves duck), bully sticks, squeaky balls, Primal turkey necks, pre-made, and a floating rubber fish for the lake. Everyone gave him delicious snacks and he was beyond happy! We also went to the park with Fozz, because we have to wait until next week to go to the lake with his friends.

I love my Gonzy so much, and I look forward to 8 more years of this precious face...

This face, too.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Happy Happy tail wagger to you Gonzo!!!!! Looks like you had a grand time.:)

~Tucker&Me~

Aww Erica.... Seeing Gonzo's sweet mug warms my heart!

So glad to hear everything is going great with him. I totally know what you mean about bittersweet... Tucker is turning 7 soon and he has always been an old soul so its sad watching him age.

Lots of love and hugs from me and my gang :)

Members online

No members online now.