• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
On the subject of chat, it would be nice to be able to paste text in the chat room. My "?" is broken and sometimes asking a question without proper punctuation makes it not seem like a question and in some cases a question without a "?" can appear to be a rude statement.

MeatyTreats

Administrator
Dekka/Corgi - I will look into the chat

Corgi - What would you like me to do? Leave a simple poll up for a month!?!? Not to mention that nearly everyone voted yes... Where I come from I call that statistical relevance! ;)

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Corgi - What would you like me to do? Leave a simple poll up for a month!?!? Not to mention that nearly everyone voted yes... Where I come from I call that statistical relevance! ;)
You have 33 votes and 18 replies out of 20,705 members. Some of the members don't log in every day.

*sigh*
nvm

MeatyTreats

Administrator
You are correct about the member numbers, but do you know how many of those are SPAM bots? Do you know how many of those users have logged in this year? What about last year? Do you know how many users login each day? Because, I do.

I cant control when or why people login. I cant control that out of 410 views, there were only 33 votes and 18 replies. I cant force people to contribute. What I can do is take into account the people who CHOOSE to participate. And those people chose, Yes.

Believe me when I say, I KNOW I will NEVER make some people happy regardless of what I do. I have accepted that and I am okay with it. However, I will do my best to make the people happy who choose to be heard.

A

Angel Chicken

On the subject of chat, it would be nice to be able to paste text in the chat room. My "?" is broken and sometimes asking a question without proper punctuation makes it not seem like a question and in some cases a question without a "?" can appear to be a rude statement.
As far as the pasting, that isn't an issue with chat. Most likely a Java issue.

I've never had a problem clicking, pasting, or anything in chat.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
You are correct about the member numbers, but do you know how many of those are SPAM bots? Do you know how many of those users have logged in this year? What about last year? Do you know how many users login each day? Because, I do.
No, I don't know the numbers, but I do know there are many members who haven't replied. Regular, active members. Members who may have other things going on this week and haven't had a chance to see this thread. I just think that four days isn't long enough to give members a chance to be heard.

I cant control when or why people login. I cant control that out of 410 views, there were only 33 votes and 18 replies. I cant force people to contribute. What I can do is take into account the people who CHOOSE to participate. And those people chose, Yes.
Out of 410 views, do you know how many were search bots?

As far as the pasting, that isn't an issue with chat. Most likely a Java issue.

I've never had a problem clicking, pasting, or anything in chat.
Thanks AC. I haven't had problems in other java based chat rooms though.

MeatyTreats

Administrator
Fair enough... So how long would YOU like a poll to be? A week, a month, a year?

Because regardless of how long we make it, you have the same problem. Some people will not vote. Some people will not log in. Some people will not see this thread.

I prefer to focus on what I can control, not on things I can't. If you REALLY believe that keeping this poll open for another week, will impact the outcome. Then, I will reopen it.

The choice is YOURS!

Dekka

Just try me..
And the regulars who use the forum the most will see the poll. If I was away from the forum for a month or so and missed some polls I have faith that the other regulars would vote (over all) for what is best.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
If you REALLY believe that keeping this poll open for another week, will impact the outcome. Then, I will reopen it.

The choice is YOURS!
Closing the poll is neither here nor there, as people can still post their opinions. It's a matter of posting as if the "members had spoken" after only four days.

MeatyTreats

Administrator
That's exactly what I thought! And therefore, I question your motives for even posting in the first place.

Apparently, it is absurd of me to be gracious to the people who chose to post!

Well, I kind of see her point. I'm here every single day, often for hours and this is the first time I noticed this post.

I would personally allot a week for a poll if I were the creator, especially given the subject of the poll.... but that's just me.

Apparently, it is absurd of me to be gracious to the people who chose to post!
And please, don't be condescending to those of us who offer different input. If you want our respect, you can't keep coming at us with attitude. You were the one who asked for input. Someone offered it. Why get snide?

noludoru

Bored Now.
exciting....! :D

Umm can you do something about the filter in chat? I can't use the word scrape lol. And on a dog forum when we are talking breeding it would be nice to be able to say bitch. (we still say those things but you have to space them or put a '.' in the middle)
Completely off topic, but I just want to ditto this. The chat filter is crazy. It would be less annoying if it just starred out the 'bad' words but it keeps you from entering what you have to say entirely. I'd love to do away with it completely, although I understand the need for a filter. The one we have is just a little backwards.

MeatyTreats

Administrator
I'm not snide. I thanked the people who contributed. That was all. I didn't say EVERYONE had spoken. However, it's not acceptable to twist my words simply to stir the pot. Which is apparently what is going on, seeing how when I asked for a solution or feedback, I was given none.

Your feedback is GREAT. You would like the polls to be a week. We can work with that.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Okay, here's some feedback, then - polls should last between one week and two to get the most responses, and even though they belong in the announcements section, it's better to put them in the Fire Hydrant - or have a thread with a link to the poll in the FH - because more people check there. Some people don't check new posts, or threads like this drift to the bottom of the pile. They're too easy to miss when not in a busier subforum.

MeatyTreats

Administrator
Completely off topic, but I just want to ditto this. The chat filter is crazy. It would be less annoying if it just starred out the 'bad' words but it keeps you from entering what you have to say entirely. I'd love to do away with it completely, although I understand the need for a filter. The one we have is just a little backwards.
It's an all or nothing filter with the Chat. I removed it and I will leave it up to you all to monitor your own language.

Members online

No members online now.