Cali's having kittens

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Some of you may know my sister has two cats. Cali (Calico female NOT spayed) and Boots (Torti female NOT spayed) . Up until recently they have lived outdoors at all times until Cali was hit by a car. Also there was a situation was a deranged neighbor boy who dunked the backside of Boots into something with Ether in it and all her hair and alot of her skin wore off. So now they spend most of the days locked on her sun porch and every night all night locked in there as well. She can't let them in her home because she signed a no indoor pets lease.

Well she just realized that Cali is pregnant. Actually EXTREMELY pregnant. I would say if she doesent have them this weekend she will have some this upcoming week. Now you have to understand that I come from a family where it is thought of as riduculas to take a cat and spend tons of money on it in a vets office. And a $100 something each vet bill for my sisters cats is too expensive for her. But we figure she is having 4-6 kittens and have found 6 eager friends and family members willing to take one of Cali's kittens. Obviously this is not the first time my family has dealt with this.

Luckily this time I have taken it upon myself to get Cali wormed and to buy wormer for when the kittens are older. I have also offered to take Cali and the kittens to the vet for first check ups.

Now before people jump all over me Wicked is a strickly indoor cat. She is also scheduled to be spayed when she is old enough. She is also up to date on her shots.

Now on a lighter note I am excited for the kittens to come. I mean who doesent love kittens?

Now on a lighter note I am excited for the kittens to come. I mean who doesent love kittens?
It's always funny because whenever I hear someone say that: "who doesn't love kittens!" that is always when I have a whole house full of so many kittens of all ages that no body wants to adopt and people keep calling and asking me to take more that they found or because their cat is pregnant, that now the once sweet little kittens are driving me nuts because they are cooped up here and don't get nearly as much attention as they would otherwise, if there was just one or two.

But yes, kittens can be a blast at times.

Maxy24

It's always funny because whenever I hear someone say that: "who doesn't love kittens!" that is always when I have a whole house full of so many kittens of all ages that no body wants to adopt and people keep calling and asking me to take more that they found or because their cat is pregnant, that now the once sweet little kittens are driving me nuts because they are cooped up here and don't get nearly as much attention as they would otherwise, if there was just one or two.

But yes, kittens can be a blast at times.
How are things going with that person I told you about? Is she still interested?

I am sorry the cat is pregnant but I hope everything goes well and there are no complications. I'm glad you have homes for them and will get them their vet care. Good Luck!

I almost prefer to take in the pregnant cats so that I can have them spayed right away. When the babies are already born its too late and I have a whole lot of money to spend and a whole lot of homes to find :)

She is from Columbus right? I got her email yesterday and just emailed her back and sent some pictures. She was a little disappointed and thought that Columbus is 5 hours from Kent but it is only 2-2.5 so hopefully things will work out!

mrose_s

BusterLove
that sucks :(

i was in art today, and a girl i know just bought a kitten for her BF. She had told me they were going looking at i gave her a quick run down on why to go to a shelter etc.

but the only shelters here only had adult cats, and she wanted a kitten. so they got one from a pet store :(
now she's talking about maybe it having kittens.
i couldn't even be bothered.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I'm not too sure you should worm her now though. Anyways, I think it's great that you are stepping in here. Two unspayed females can produce a lot of cats and heartache in their reproductive years. What is she going to do when they go into heat again locked in that room though?

Members online

No members online now.