Ways to get rid of a killer hamster

My hamster killed my other one as you may have heard from neapolitanpitbull's post. I know they are supposed to be housed alone being chinese hamsters but I didnt know that and I have waited long enough. Setting free in the wild or being housed in a cricket holding container are 2 options. Nobody wants her..nobody can pick her up or pay for shipping and I am DONE. What do I do with her? Bash me if you want all I want to know is how to get rid of her.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I'm sorry you're going to throw an animal out because you didn't do your research before acquiring the pet? :rolleyes: Hope no one throws you out on your butt....

jess2416

Who woulda thought
think before I type....

repeat

think before I type

repeat

think before I type

Nope cant think of anything nice to say......

Julie

I am back again.
I have had a hamster from HELL for a year now!!
You took the responsibility of caring for yours! You should do it.

My son's hamster is huge and has a bite to match.....would never let us handle him.......and I would never think of doing such a thing.

That hamster of ours has bitten the sh*t out of me. It is natural. You should have done your research first.

You are totally out of line. And some things happen when you don't educate yourself before getting a pet/pets on a whim.

You know my Rocket killed a stray cat once. I do not blame her, I blame me.
Do I think any less of her? No. It is an animal thing! She was not socialized with cats and to her it is not wrong.

Your Hamster is an animal, and I think you are acting childish!

And yes you can be charged with animal cruelty (or your parents can) for neglect, cruelty, abandonment, etc..... Just because it is a hamster does not mean it is less than any other animal that is treated cruel.

As a matter of fact I will be sending the thread link to your local HS. I hope your friends don't squeal and tell your name and address!

You should be ashamed for blaming a hamster for your mistake!

You can't possibly be serious? You would actually set a domestic rodent free in the wild to die...:mad: Have you at least checked to see if your local humane society will take her?

I'm sorry but if you do this you will regret it. You know what will happen to her if you do what you're suggesting. There is no excuse for purposly killing this little creature, which IS what will happen if you let her go in 30 degree weather.

YOU took her in..YOU neglected to properly research her housing needs..now YOU are responsible to make sure that she is safe untill she is re-homed. How difficult is it to keep her for a while longer? It's not like she's an enormous, dangerous animal.....GEEZE!!

At least in the spirit of Christmas, please don't leave her out to die...:( :(

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
think before I type....

repeat

think before I type

repeat

think before I type

Nope cant think of anything nice to say......
I know. . .if I say what I want I am going to regret it. Better gather my thoughts before I say what I'm thinking.

Julie

I am back again.
Your thread keeps running through my head.
I keep thinking about how selfish you are being.
Because of your own "feelings" you are either trying to
give your responsibility to someone else or you are going
to make an animal starve, freeze, and suffer.

I am glad there are other young people on here to restore my hope for the future world. Because you my dear, are what I think alot of young people are raised to act like..........SELFISH!!! :mad:

Im trying to keep Renee's thread from earlier in mind ;) as I type
Ahoh...what'd I miss?:yikes: I'm sure I totally did the opposite of what her thread talked about about.

I'm sorry but sometimes things just need to be said.

Edited to say......you know what...I'm really not sorry.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My dog killed my hamster but you know what, I still have her.

YOU are the one who failed to be responsible, you are the one to be blamed, not the hamster. Start taking care of it or at the very least bring it to a good shelter that will.

joce

Good god-get on your tricycle and take it to a local pet store if you can't handle it. Its a hamster:rolleyes:

This is why kids don't need pets of their own-what do your parents say about this?

She is warm in a giant 20 gallon tank right now so dont worry your little butts off.
I am finding her a home off craigslist and petfinder.

neapolitanpitbull

Never enough pets
The hamster is now officaly mine... she is just living with Sarah. She is now mine and living in a 20 gallon at her house with tons of accersories. Nobody has anything to worry about anymore. She is in good hands :). Although I have to wear tough leather gloves when holding her..it will be ok once she gets all tame and stuff. But Sarah says its just until she finds her a home...which as true but I might as well tame her so shes good for the family she is going to... whatever one we pick out. Which will be a good one.

Good god-get on your tricycle and take it to a local pet store if you can't handle it. Its a hamster:rolleyes:

This is why kids don't need pets of their own-what do your parents say about this?
Excuse me but I have 20 pets of my own. I find that comment critizing because I take excellent care of my pets. In fact I spoil them. Irresponsible kids dont need pets of their own, but kids that are responsible can and do, like me. Some kids arent the same as others. All kids are different.
And I am at her house at this moment and her mom doesn't give a sh** about the hamster and neither does her dad.

Excuse me but I have 20 pets of my own. I find that comment critizing because I take excellent care of my pets. In fact I spoil them.

Good for you, I believe that comment was directed to the OP, not you. But on a side note, 11 years old is A CHILD.

And what do you expect when some moron says they are throwing their put outside and abandoning it because of something they allowed to happen and that WAS THEIR FAULT. That is a typical reaction from anyone who GIVES A **** ABOUT ANIMALS.

Obviously you do care about them. We see that, you are very young and have a lot of responsibility, the comments are for the original poster, not you.

Members online

No members online now.