Stupid... *Warning: Rant*

~Tucker&Me~

Cat owners!

GET YOUR CATS FIXED!

Uggghhh.... So I go to my brothers friends house, as my parents are over there for dinner. As we are getting up to leave, the lady turns to me and says... 'Oh by the way, Flick may be pregnant!'

So this family, who I would like to add is quite wealthy, bred their 'nice', 'obedient', male lab and got him neutered later on. They have 3 cats, two of which are uneutered/unspayed. One of these cats is from a petstore.

So she goes on to say, 'I just think it's a good thing for the kids to experience.'
My mom then replied with, 'Oh, well __(me)__ is quite the antibreeding person. (said jokingly)
Other lady: 'Well don't worry, we will find them all good homes.'

I don't understand people. So Lady, if you DIDN"T breed your cats, then the three homes your kittens take could have been taken by 3 rescue kittens. Cats and humans are VERY different. And at the cost of several lives, you are going to educate your kids? Go buy them a book :mad: .

I think the female is almost a year now too. Too young in my opinion :( .

Sorry for the rant. I think they are good people, just ignorant. I can't really say anything because I babysit for them and don't want to lose my job.
*sigh*

~Tucker

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
i know exactly how you feel. Someone dumped a cat and her kittens on my porch and I cannot afford to keep them. I don't understand how people can be so irresponsible. :rolleyes:

~Tucker&Me~

The worst of it is...

THESE PEOPLE HAVE MONEY!
There is NO shortage of it whatsoever in their family. Ugghh.

~Tucker

Our animal control euthanized 48 kittens two days ago. I'm sure their owners thought they could find them homes too. The sad part? The kitten cages are almost full again and our organization has no room to rescue any of them.

~Tucker&Me~

That's really depressing.
I would take some if I lived nearby... My area isn't too bad though for cats.

~Tucker

Members online

No members online now.