Fromm Salmon Tunalini

JacksonsMom

can anyone tell me if this smells horrible? Or the Surf and Turf?

I mean, I expect a fishy smell, but if it's like overpowering like crazy... not sure I wanna try it with Jax, LOL.

For reference, I thought Acana Pacifica was way too fishy smelling.

Any comments before I buy it? lol....

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Surf & Turf isn't fishy smelling, but there isn't much fish in there anyway.

Haven't gotten a sniff of the Salmon Tunalini. Not sure you'd want my opinion anyway though, apparently the herring Canine Caviar is supposed to smell awful, but I think it smells fine and makes my dog smell like maple syrup. :p

JacksonsMom

Surf & Turf isn't fishy smelling, but there isn't much fish in there anyway.

Haven't gotten a sniff of the Salmon Tunalini. Not sure you'd want my opinion anyway though, apparently the herring Canine Caviar is supposed to smell awful, but I think it smells fine and makes my dog smell like maple syrup. :p
Lol! I'm the same... some things smell so good to me, and others think smell bad and vice versa.

I hated the smell of Canine Caviar Duck... I don't even know how to describe it. It wasn't "strong" per say, just... a weird smell.

And I did not like Fromm Game Bird too much. Again, wasn't strong, but it left a musty-kind of smell on Jackson's beard! LOVED Beef Fritta though! haha!

I'm just trying to decide which food to order next, so thought I'd judge based upon smell. :D

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Okay I don't remember game bird smelling, but I think the beef frittata smells really strange! So we apparently have opposite opinions on smell :p

I'll go out on a limb though and say, based on the ingredients, I'd take a bet that the salmon tunalini is probably not going to smell as fishy as the Acana pacifica! :)

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I have samples here... I could possibly mail you some, if you really need to know! :) Or I could do a sniff test, but as we're discovering, that's subjective.

Haven't had a sample of S/T yet. The Surf&turf IMO almost has a bit of a "spicy" odor to it, but not very fishy at all. Honestly, if you want to go by smell, the least smelling dog food I think I've ever come across, Cal Nat Lamb and rice, mostly smells like the bag it comes in, paper and wax.

monkeys23

I love that the biggest concern here is the smell to the humans, LOL awesome!

JacksonsMom

Haven't had a sample of S/T yet. The Surf&turf IMO almost has a bit of a "spicy" odor to it, but not very fishy at all. Honestly, if you want to go by smell, the least smelling dog food I think I've ever come across, Cal Nat Lamb and rice, mostly smells like the bag it comes in, paper and wax.
Ha -- thanks... I don't want a totally non-smelling food (then Jackson won't touch it). Just strong fishy smells bother me, lol.

I love that the biggest concern here is the smell to the humans, LOL awesome!
LOL right. :rofl1:

Fromm, Canine Caviar and the Acana mentioned are all OK ingredient-wise.

However, none will ever take the place of a balanced, enzyme-rich raw meat diet for the optimum health of a carnivore or obligate carnivore.
Wet foods are the next best followed by kibble.

To keep as much nutrients as possible, Canine Caviar processes their kibble at 340 degrees Fahrenheit for only six seconds. Good luck, Roger Biduk

javadoo

Both S & T and Salmon Tunalini smell very good to me...barely any fish smell.
I despise fish and tend to be very sensitive to fishy smells....but I love the way S & T smells.
Neither one has a strong fishy smell.

Members online

No members online now.