A boy (maybe 15-18?) ask if he could have Blaze. :yikes:

Boy: Can I have that dog?
Me: Uhmmm *looks at Blaze* no....?
Boy: Why not?
Me: He's my dog...? *said in a back the hell off tone of voice*
Boy: Why'd you say it so mean?
Me: He's my dog and I like my dogs.
Boy: Walks off mumbling something.

For real? :yikes: The nerve of some people!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
But I can have him, right?!

Lol seriously I don't know what I'd do if someone asked me that. Probably wouldn't respond at all, and just walk away. People are weird.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
oh man, I constantly have people asking if they can have my ferrets!? :yikes:
That, or they ask how much I would sell the ferret for, or offer me an amount of money. I have had somebody go as high as $350 for Harley (just today, in fact)!!!!
WTF. You can buy a ferret for $200-$250, NO, you CANNOT have mine! Heck, I have even had offers for Renegade (the jerk) and would not take money for him either.

Stupid people, these are MY PETS. Obviously I have them for a reason

Karebear

Shitzu Lover
When we first got oatmeal he was such a little fluff ball we went to the flea market and took him with us a man stopped in front of us turned around and "how much you want for the dog" i agree the nerve of some people.

I get that pretty often with all three of mine. It's a compliment to the dogs, but, umm, yah . . . . that's not happening.

I just tell anyone who asks that my dogs are priceless; there isn't enough money in the world to buy them.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
yikes. when I first got Bamm I had a person ask me if they could buy him from me and I said absolutely NOT. The next few times I was on a walk I would run into the guy and I'd try my hardest to steer clear of him and walk on the opposite side of the street. He got on me a few times about why I wouldn't sell him my dog. Apparently he thought Bamm looked really cool and he wanted to breed him. Umm... first off... Bamm lacks the ummm... equipment... second of all.. HELL NO!

You know, someone's going to ask me that at just the right moment when Kaylee is about to be the death of me and I'm going to be sooo tempted to just hand her off...but I don't know if I could do that to some poor unsespecting person

That's really funny and odd about that kid. Seemed like he was old enough not to be asking weird things like that.

The first time I brougth Traveler to my club two younger boys fell in love with him and asked how long I was going to keep him. They couldn't believe it when I said till he dies. Then one of them said there dog was ollld right when their dad was walking up and he goes "He's only five months!"

Bailey08

When Bailey was a baby, some guy said "That's a pit bull, right? Can I buy him off you?" It made me sad. :(

Now that he's an adult, and a mid-sized (clearly) mixed breed, people don't generally offer to buy him, lol. Though I do get a lot of questions about "what" he is. (Perfect. ;))

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
He needed to say please, obviously.
:rofl1:

I get that often, unfortunately. :rolleyes:

Once someone even asked to buy Millie while she was in uniform because apparently she wanted a service dog of her own or something equally stupid. I gave up trying to understand that lady's mindset a long time ago.

People usually want to buy Lucy. Though actually someone said she would "buy her off me if she was smaller." She said she wanted a "teacup" chi and her comment didn't even address the possibility that I might want to agree to her "buying Lucy off me." :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.