4 month old puppy afraid of car rides

Shevelle

Hi All!!

Well Bella my now 4 month old Shepard/Rottie mix has calm down with the biting and thank you to everyone who helps out.. She still bites but never hard.. We still have a few issues to get over now..
She will get in the car and cry and cry and just hates going for rides.. Does anyone have suggestions..

At first I thought it was because we were taking her to the VET all the time for her shots so I figured she associated the car ride with the VET and hated it.. But I have taken her to a friends house a few times to play with their dog.. Which she doesnt like playing with him either, but when in the car she cries... Any suggestions.. We want her to be able to like the car rides because we go on alot of trips in the summer and also on the boat

Thanks everyone!!

W

whatszmatter

short trips, she gets treats for going in, and when you get to your destination, as long as she's quiet, feed her then. Then she'll associate car rides with eating, easy enough. It takes time and patients.

As with ALL things puppy - this too, in time, shall pass.....

Just keep taking her in the car - EVERYWHERE YOU CAN! Colt did the same exact thing and now he LOVES to go in the car and look out the window. He even gets testy if you bug him like "hey - I'm tryin' to enjoy the ride OK??!!" Now, he gets excited when we all get our coats on because he knows we're going in the car and he wants to go to. I take him to the bus in the morning and afternoon and when I go to pick up my daughter from school (I leave him in the car with the boys). He never cries anymore but he barks at people and things sometimes - we're working on that....

Members online

No members online now.