Finding a grooming course

ChiBree

How do you go about finding a grooming course? That is something I'd really like to look into.

Can anyone help me with that?

Jaimie L

It depends if you want to groom professionally or just your own dogs. The best training is a reputable grooming school like Nash Academy or the school I went to, Paragon. I've heard of schools in Manhattan and Philadelphia, but you should choose carefully to ensure that you get a quality education. To me, it's worth going to an out of state grooming school to get a better education, and it also shows dedication when you're looking for a job or starting your business. For people who just want to groom their own dogs, there are plenty of ways to learn: you can purchase videos and books from grooming supply warehouses; ask your groomer if she/he can teach you (bear in mind that you are essentially taking away business from them, so be generous when discussing payment for this. Also remember that your groomer invested much time and money in her/his own education); you can find answers to many of your questions on grooming forums for professional groomers. The tools that you use are the most important thing to consider. Buy the best you can afford, but remember that the most expensive may not be the best for you. If at all possible, go to a grooming trade show where you can try all the equipment for yourself. Otherwise, ask your groomer for recommendations on equipment.

Members online