10 lbs gone, tomorrow is the hard part, whatever smokes are left... Get thrown out!

LauraLeigh

I am doing well with my eating, have not started doing daily exercise yet as I wanted to coordinate that with my quit day...

So tomorrow I start phase 2&3.. Smoke free... And exercise!

Then the final phase, which is to give up all pop will start the day we move into the house... We had to replace our fridge so we upgraded to an ice & water one in hopes that'll help with water intake...

Jenne

Ball Thrower
Congrats! I wish you the best of luck with quitting smoking. I quit a couple of years ago, but I use an electronic cigarette now. Every time I tried to quit I kept getting really debilitating anxiety attacks around the 4th week. I tried so many different products to try and quit smoking. It was the 13th time I had tried to quit and someone suggested the vaporizer, so I started using one and it helped and I've been smoke-free, if not nicotine free, for over 3 years now.

LauraLeigh

We can't get the e cigs with nicotine here in Canada, they have a nicotine free version but I am going with the patch, I quit for 4 years using them before stupidly starting again... So I know I can do it, just need to avoid that "One won't kill me mentality"

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Oh I smoke & I could never quit because I dont want to. OH is always on me to quit but I am embarrassed to admit this, but I enjoy my three cigs a day.

I do respect your commitment & willpower, also losing weight WHILE quitting smoking is no small feat, great job :)

chaospony

Good luck!
Good job sticking to your diet so far. Everyone says it's amazing the difference in your health even after a short time if quitting.
You can do this! Once the weather is nice there will be tons of places to go and stuff to do and you'll have the energy to do them all!

I gave up pop, chips and ice cream all at once (but I kept my cookies and chocolate!) and it was not nearly as hard as I imagined. Adding berries, lemon and even cucumber slices to water is yummy! I lived on those crystal light drink things at first so I could get used to drinking tons of water.

joce

You can do it! I quit smoking cold turkey and a couple years later decided pop was bad and quit that to!

The quitting smoking for dummies book really is not bad. I got it for out floor for patients to read and have skimmed it and its got some good stuff in it.

I don't like the nicotine replacements because I know people on the gum and lozenges for years. Literally.

I had a big oral fixation. Chew on something like carrot sticks. Or celery.

There used to be a patch commercial(or for something) showing a guy crawling over his wife and going into the car through the trunk. You need to basically reschedule your day to avoid the triggers to smoke. Identify your triggers.

For me it was talking on the phone, drinking, eating greasy food like pizza and I always had one right before I went anywhere or went to bed. I was always so embarrassed to smoke I only did it at home in my garage or out back so it made it a lot easier for me. Back then we could still smoke at the bar so I quit going and stopped drinking. still rarely do. couldn't talk on the phone for any length of time and not want one. Texting was a god send. I started taking showers at night instead of the am to change my routine. Anything to change your schedule.

Hillside

Original Twin
I've found flavored seltzer to be a perfect balance between soda and plain old boring water. It has a flavor so it keeps my interest and it doesn't have calories or fake sugar or anything nasty.

LauraLeigh

So far so good, got out for my walk but it's a wonder I didn't freeze to death! Brrrr

I am not doing to bad in the craving department but we will see how it goes...

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I commend all of you guys for quitting, I also dont smoke in public, or in my car (other then the occasional swisher) what sucks is now lawmakers are allowing health insurance providers to tax the crap out of smokers because they are high risk WTH??? what about alcoholics or over eaters? the last time I checked, obesity was an epidemic in this country! I am not picking on anyone or singling them out but in all fairness it is a valid argument.

Members online

No members online now.