Does It Ever Stop

being freaking cute . . . a dog chasing her tail?

Tallulah did it a lot when she was a pup, but hasn't done it for awhile, until tonight.

I didn't realize how much I missed it :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia used to do that when she was very young. She went through a short lived tail chasing obsession phase that actually worried me she was so into it.

Come to think of it though, she hasn't done it since about 6 months.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
LOL it cracks me up when Belle does it. although she doesn't really chase it becuase she's lazy like that but she'll wag it and her butt will be wiggling and she's trying to snap at her tail and making all these snuffling oinking "I'm gonna get you" sounds. I keep warning her though that if she does catch it she's not gonna be happy lol

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Morgan still chases his tail in the mornings if he wakes up in a good mood... and he does the full-on galumphing around making a ton of noise while he does it. I love it so very much... I hope he never stops!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Traveler used to do that--even when she was older, once in a while she would chase her tail--even funnier then!

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Ophie was just chasing her tail last night.

Crazy puppy!

What's even funnier is watching two puppies play, and when one THINKS she/he is biting the other's tail, and he/she bites his own instead.
And then KEEPS doing it as if they don't feel themselves biting their own tail.
:rofl1:

They do this with limbs, too.

It's a good thing they never stop being cute . . .

I'm making French toast.

I heard some sounds from the kitchen.

Tallulah was in there, standing at the counter, methodically licking the cinnamon and egg off of the tops of the bread I had soaking in the egg and cream :rofl1:

Taqroy

I think it's cute lol. Mu used to chase her stub until she fell over. I think I actually posted about it because I worried she was getting obsessive. Apparently it was ok because she doesn't do it much anymore. She has now taken to rolling on her back and staring at me upside down until I pet her belly....silly girl.

Tallulah catches hers, lol.

Then she's got it, flops down on her butt with her tail still in her mouth and scoots around in circles on her butt, hanging onto it, pulling.

At some point she turns it loose, eyeballs it, then pounces back on it, still on her butt.

Right now she is asleep after having some of the French toast I made. Not sure if she got the sampled pieces or I did . . . oh well.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
They do this with limbs, too.
LOL Belle does this too. Wrestles and bites at her own leg lol. when her and beezer play she'll try to get at his back leg and "bite" it. it's her method... when Beezer isn't playing with her she tries it on herself lol

Doberluv

As long as it doesn't become one of those OCD things, I think it's pretty cute. Jose` does that sometimes when he has an itch. He starts out just trying to get the itch, then it seems to turn into a fun game, complete with his talkie vocalizations and rolling around on the floor. It's especially fun when he catches it. LOL.

Catsi

Abby doesn't chase her tail, but she does a number of things that are just so ridiculously cute it makes me want to puke.

She does this thing where she licks her paws and rubs her eyes and then usually leaves them up at her muzzle while she wiggles around in bed. She must know the power it has over me, I go all gooey.

She loves playing with my parent's big girl and they play very nicely together. Abby has to gnaw on a lower limb because it's the only part she can get her little teethies around. :rofl1: When she goes for the throat, she just grabs the teensiest amount of skin, but the noises she makes... she would have you believe she was taking out the jugular. My parents' dog is the sweetest thing, I swear I can detect amusement in her eyes.

I could go on, but I won't bore you!

As long as it doesn't become one of those OCD things, I think it's pretty cute. Jose` does that sometimes when he has an itch. He starts out just trying to get the itch, then it seems to turn into a fun game, complete with his talkie vocalizations and rolling around on the floor. It's especially fun when he catches it. LOL.
Dober, she's a Terrier . . . EVERYTHING is an obsession, lol!

Doberluv

Abby doesn't chase her tail, but she does a number of things that are just so ridiculously cute it makes me want to puke.

She does this thing where she licks her paws and rubs her eyes and then usually leaves them up at her muzzle while she wiggles around in bed. She must know the power it has over me, I go all gooey.

She loves playing with my parent's big girl and they play very nicely together. Abby has to gnaw on a lower limb because it's the only part she can get her little teethies around. :rofl1: When she goes for the throat, she just grabs the teensiest amount of skin, but the noises she makes... she would have you believe she was taking out the jugular. My parents' dog is the sweetest thing, I swear I can detect amusement in her eyes.

I could go on, but I won't bore you!
You could never bore me. I love reading stuff like this about dogs. They are definitely characters that can make us all "awwwwwwwwwwwwww." LOL. I can just picture Abby with her little paws over her muzzle. I've seen that too, where they start out with a plan in mind, such as wiping their eyes or some itch and then they seem to decide to turn it into something to amuse us. :D Such smartie pants.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakota used to do it, I'm glad he stopped. He knocked so many things over when he'd run into tables, walls and shelves because he wasn't watching where he was going!

It's really cute when they're tiny puppies, but OMG it can be destructive when they're bigger and really get into it!

Doberluv

LOL Renee! I forgot about those terrier terrors.:p Actually, they say Chihuahuas have terrier-like traits. I see a little bit of that in mine in some contexts, but mine are really quite mellow over all and "mature" for their age. LOL.

Members online