Keep your fingers crossed

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
for good weather this weekend... Mr. Paytonmobile will get to take a crack at sheep if so. Perhaps even Little Miss Georgie.

I've been working on getting Payton to lie down immediately when I tell him to regardless if he's chasing Georgie or running after a ball or a tug is waving in his face. So far he can defeat the distraction of toys but chasing Georgie is too much at the moment. I'm afraid it's going to be very very similar to Auggie's first go with sheep where he's going to have WAY too much power and be too intense, and will probably try to head them like nobody's business. BOTH boys really need to learn a solid "stop" command. Guess I know what to drill this week.

I can't even begin to predict Georgie's response. She's so tiny it sort of terrifies me actually.

SaraB

Good luck!! I've contacted a few herding trainers here to see about getting Zuma and future puppy involved. Let me know how it goes! Bonus for any videos. :D

B

Blue_Dog

Good luck! Our fingers and paws are crossed. I'm sure they'll have fun, even if some extra work needs to be done.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
First time, they aren't supposed to have everything -er, anything- down. Just let the natural ability shine. :) Please post pictures!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
First time, they aren't supposed to have everything -er, anything- down. Just let the natural ability shine. :) Please post pictures!
I know, and I know it would be okay if he were a terrible monster and kept going to the head and stuff, but still, LOL. Self control is the biggest thing I've had to work on with him with EVERYTHING, so I keep having horrible images of him being a total wild man and trying to eat sheep in my head...

Hopefully my mom will go too since Georgie will be coming along (we're actually going so her breeder can take a look at how her ears are shaping up) so I am hoping we get some video! We were talking tonight about Georgie and none of us are sure what she'll do. She's not very serious so it's hard to imagine her with any kind of intensity... but she might surprise us. It's in her genes so we'll just have to see what happens.

I wanna drag the Auggie along too, but might not have time and might be too much for the sheep. He hasn't seen sheep since last summer...

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
Please get pictures! I've been missing herding so much, I really need to get Cara back out. I'm sure Payton will have fun either way, and you never know Georgie might shock you.

Members online