Capstar question.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Today, I sent Steven to the vet's office to get some Capstar. They tried to sell him a six month supply of Frontline or Advantix, which I don't want, because the cat grooms him. I told Steven to get about a weeks supply, and they said they could only sell him one, and kept trying to dissuade him from buying Capstar.

Well, he gets home, and the tablet is expired. So he went back to get another tablet, and they said, "No, just use that one. It 'should be' fine, it just might take a little while longer to work."

Well, dammit, I don't want to give my dog fcking expired tablets. What would you do if the pharmacy sold you expired medication? Take it back! So tomorrow, I'm going to go over there, tell them I want a weeks worth of medication, and to make d*mn sure that it isn't expired, or I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

We haven't had a problem with this vet's office before, so I don't know what to think.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I'm not sure how many of you use Capstar, but also, could you tell me how often you have to give it to the dog?

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
First off that vet is stupid and shouldn't even have expired meds on shelves.
Second, we did use capstar but Jet is allergic to fleas and also to capstar. So Peanut only gets kitty capstar.

It tells you on the box of capstar how often to give them a capstar pill.
We can get our capstar pills at a local feed and seed store (if we dont have the money to get it at the vet office).

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Well, everything I've read about Capstar says it is safe to give with other medication, and is safe to give daily if needed.

bubbatd

I've only used it once when I had a flea infested lost boston terrier in for a few days . I sure can see the point of a vet only giving one pill ! As to expiration , there's always a safety date . If you really know your vet , I'd trust them .

Members online

No members online now.