Diahrea

Is it normal for dogs to have occasional diahrea? Riley has been fine for a long time but today had diahrea. Should i go see a vet, what should i feed him to make him feel better, or is it not a problem.

Harley

Did Riley eat anything different? One of my dogs, Harley can't anything but dog food. If he gets in our trash or up on our counters (He's sometime to smart for his own good) & eats anything he will usually get diahrea. If Riley is acting Ok I would wait a day & see what happens. If it keeps happening then I would take him to the vet.

I hope this help.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Wait a day before calling the vet, unless it's continuous diahrrea. Don't feed him for at least 12 hours, then just about half of his normal amount.

cata.m

one of my dogs has a similar problem. from now and then he has a very liquid diahrrea,so the vet told me i could give him something that here is called "diaren", whic is basically nifuroxide+ attapulgite active...this one is really good, works like a charm every time. the other one is furazolidone, also good and it´s an antibiotic used to treat diarrhea and enteritis caused by bacteria or protozoan infections.
they are both great, and work fast...
:D:D:D

garyluer

Gentle Ben
My dog has "sensitive" bowels according to our vet and can't tollerate much fat in his diet otherwise he gets "the trots." Doesn't seem to bother him but I limit is fat intake as much as possible.

Members online