My Pet Shop Complaint

A couple of months ago, I was at a pet shop in a mall out here in Los Angeles. Not to buy a puppy, but to look at puppies. I could never resist not going into one when I walk pass one! It really saddens me & breaks my heart to see how the puppies are at pet shops! This pet shop in particular, I felt, did not take care or care at all for their dogs. The dogs smelled, the people working there have no idea what they are talking about, the puppies were all aggrarvated and playing rough with each other, they were smeared with dog poo, etc. You can imagine. I always pretend like I am a potential buyer just so I can take a puppy out to play with because I know these dogs don't get taken out for walks and they're caged up all the time! And then I always tell the pet shop people after I play the pups, I will have to think about it and leave. So that day, we wanted to take the husky pup out to play with. We decided to ask the pet shop guy about the husky -- he had no idea what he was talking about. He was telling us that the husky will do well in an apartment and telling us we just train him to live in a small space. Can you believe that...anything to sell a dog! And furthermore, he had no idea what a pedigree was! And did I mention when I took the husky pup out to play, all she wanted to do was fight with this hush puppy?? The family next to us were playing with a hush puppy. And there was a little baby gate seperating us from them. The husky squeezed right through. Me and the other family were baffled and didn't what to do. The people at the pet shop didn't do anything. Is there a number we can call to file a complaint against this pet store for not taking care of their dogs?

Your local humane society is a good place to start, and I believe there are quite a few active animal rights organizations based in Los Angeles County. Try doing an internet search and see who you come up with.

bubbatd

Years ago when I was breeding Goldens I did this .....it was in a Mall and there was the saddest excuse of a Golden pup for sale at $ 500 . I asked about health checks and pedigree .... they only had the sire and Dam listed. No other info. or health check . At this time ( 60s ) I was selling for $250 . I said I was going to have a litter soon and would they be interested ( I was fishing ! ) Yes, they would buy at $125..... but at 6 to 7 weeks .....I said , but mine come from Championship lines !!! Answer ... people don't care ... it's the cuteness of a young puppy!!! Whenever I was at the Mall , I always went in and spoke to people looking at the pups .... they kicked me out one time !! NEVER buy from a pet store !!!! All BYB !!!! Why ??? Because if you are a good breeder you have a waiting list !! Only 7 on your list and you have 10 ?? In 8 to 10 weeks ... word of mouth will bring in buyers. I never had to " get rid of " a pup. As time went on , I had more on my waiting list than pups. Please people ... breeding is fun and rewarding .... but only for the welfare of the pups . Don't breed because your dog is " cute " .... don't breed for your kids .... don't breed for a " clone " of your dog ( this will never happen ) Geez , I'm wordy tonight !!! Sorry !!! A Grammy moment !

bubbatd

Thanks , friends , I don't deserve that !! I've always wanted " Lord know she tried " on my stone ..... but it's carved now , with a Golden among cat tails...looking over to Tom's rising trout to a dragon fly ....it on our bench over looking a pond .

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
bubbatd said:
Because if you are a good breeder you have a waiting list !!
Not only that, but a good responsible breeder would care where their pups would go to. They would want to match the pup's personality up with the people's personalities the best possible...Concern for the pups should always be top priority.

He was telling us that the husky will do well in an apartment and telling us we just train him to live in a small space.
Idiots...:mad:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
bubbatd said:
Thanks , friends , I don't deserve that !! I've always wanted " Lord know she tried " on my stone ..... but it's carved now , with a Golden among cat tails...looking over to Tom's rising trout to a dragon fly ....it on our bench over looking a pond .

Aww, that's beautiful.:)

Members online

No members online now.