How is your dogs catching ability?

Michiyo-Fir

Nia doesn't catch food cuz she doesn't know what it is and hasn't decided if she wants to eat it yet without a great inspection lol.

She's really really good at catching toys like tennis balls, donut plushies, etc. 9/10 usually.

JacksonsMom

Jackson is amazing! LOL... he's such a food hound, his eye NEVER leaves the food so yeah almost anything I throw at him, he catches. He can also easily catch toys, balls, etc.

Maxy24

Tucker actually wont catch food unless he knows what it is, if he isnt sure he'll let it bounce off his head and then inspect it on the floor.

Taqroy

I forgot to add - Tipper's ability to catch regressed mightily after I tricked her into taking a pill that way. The look on her face when she swallowed the pill was priceless though. For a month or so after that she would either let treats hit the ground and then inspect or catch it and carry it off to a corner so she could look at it there. Lol.

milos_mommy

Benji does what Orson does.

Milo will catch a ball or toy 95% of the time. Food is a little less reliable, but he doesn't care about it much.

I thought both my fosters to catch right away, potential adopters love it. My eskie caught food, too.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
It depends on what it is, I've found.. and Cali isn't able to catch too much considering her x-small ball is nearly too big for her mouth already. :p

Moses is pretty good at catching food, and used to be huge on fetching, etc until he lost his favourite ball when he was maybe two years old. (we could never find the same ball in the white/red colours.. he's never been interested in a ball since!)

Cali makes attempts to catch the balls, but I think if her mouth was a tad bigger, she'd be more successful. She shows no desire for catching food though, she's content to wait for me to hand it to her. (somewhat haha!)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Summer thinks throwing things at dogs is abuse.

Mia will catch tennis balls well. She doesn't jump for them really, just pops up and nabs them. But she will not catch treats at all. Doesn't even try.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
All three never miss. Ball or food it doesn't matter.Victor won the treat catching contest at his Pets for LIfe party. All the dogs sat in a line, and each handler tossed a bit of kibble, take one step back. At the very end, it was just the two of us.

Neccy always snorts after she catches it for emphasis to what a good job she did.

thehoundgirl

Rudy.. well he's special. He will catch a toy but a ball? No way! Dixie will catch anything and Buster is good at catching treats/food but not a ball as he's not that kind of dog. :lol-sign:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Art if it's food will catch it by sucking in a ton of air, like that's helping guide the food to his mouth lol! Toys, he wait patently for toy to hit the ground then goes flying for it. :rolleyes:

Talon,...... you know, I don't know. I haven't really tried with food...hmm...

Shakou

Ma'ii can catch treats/toys perfectly from a sit. He has a fast bite/reflexes and dead on aim.

Stuff just kind of bounces off Charlotte's face, lol

Blaze has always been a catching pro. Which is why he isissing 3 teeth from people throwing rocks to close to him lol*.

Solo used to be horrid but the last few months he has become pro at it.

* blazes favorite game is people throwi.g rocks in the lake/creek sometimes they throw to close

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Rory is amazing at catching everything- frisbees, balls, food, etc.

Chloe and Tucker are great at catching stuffed toys and food.

Emma loves playing with toys, but not playing catch. She can catch food, though.

And Rylie doesn't care about catching toys... but likes to catch food. lol.

k9krazee

Food - no. Which is strange because he loves food SO MUCH. We love to bounce it off of his face.

Toys/Anything else - spectacular.

emc

I thought my chihuahua was the only dog that will just stand there and let the food bounce off her head when I throw it to her, lol.

ACooper

LOL Poor boy. It's hard with that narrow mouth! ......
LOL, Kevin claims it's a combo of his narrow mouth and looooong face....."Dear, he can't see past the end of his nose" :lol-sign: Mmmmk, whatever, LOL

Well it's good to know he's not the only dog out there who lets it smack him in the face before he 'makes his move'......I've just never witnessed it from anyone besides Orson! hahaha

Crystal needs a warning before she can catch anything, otherwise she stares at you with a blank look on her face.

milos_mommy

I teach my dogs to catch by tossing them food, them grabbing it off the floor the second it hits. They figure out pretty quick that if they don't grab it midair they ain't tasting it.

Members online