Mia unlocking her crate

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
First I want to apologize for the dusty air vent in the background. Omg, I didn't realize it was that bad until I started taking the pictures so I stopped and dusted it in the middle of the pics. Embarrassing... lol All better.

Anyways, the tennis ball was being annoying so I put the tennis ball timeout. Here is the result. Although I missed a shot of her dragging the kennel by her teeth. :yikes:

A couple attempts at rolling the ball through the wires.

crate by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

crate2 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Not working.... I know it is over on this side of the crate....

crate3 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Somewhere....

crate4 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Aha!

crate5 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Just lift this up....

crate6 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

And then...

crate7 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

Tada!

crate8 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

That is why I can never give her puzzle toys.

yoko

She's adorable!! :D

I feel your pain though :( I have to padlock Yoshi's because she's learned to open it from the inside.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia can open it from the inside too but it takes a little longer. I have all the gates tied shut too when she's left alone.

She's actually gone the other direction and locked Summer in the kennel before. I still haven't figured out if it was on purpose or not, but it was hilarious. I saw it out of the corner of my eye in the mirror. Summer walked in and the second she did, Mia shut that door on her. Then Summer was crying because it had latched shut and she couldn't get out. I about died.

Equinox

:rofl1: Mia is such a character. Seriously never a dull moment with that girl.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Lol, love it!
Quinn does this. She gets fed in her crate so as soon as she see's me with her bowl she goes running for it. I usually have it half clipped to keep the other dogs out of it because she can get guardy over weird things sometimes.
The other night I was feeding Buster in the back room (the door is next to her crate) and I could hear her banging around with it outside the door. When I came out she'd got it unclipped and was sitting expectantly in it waiting for dinner.
Her thought process "if I can just get in my crate, food WILL appear!"

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
She is a lot of fun but sometimes I just can't believe the stuff she comes up with. She let herself out of the crate a couple weeks ago at agility TWICE in about five minutes. The other people were dying laughing because I'd turn around and she'd let herself out. I will admit it was pretty funny. She's such a mess. I really think she knows she's being bad and funny.

We do have airline crates too for traveling but they're really small. This one is our 'crate games' crate. ;)

Looks like you do give her puzzle toys... just the industrial strength version.
When she was a pup I bought all kinds of puzzle toys for her and she figured them all out first try in a minute or two. Then I gave up (they're not cheap!) I do set up puzzles for her to work out with household objects and boxes and tennis balls. I'm probably not helping by making her more efficient at problem solving. :p

Members online

No members online now.