Can someone with Limewire or something please email me this song...

ehh, I download music. And I still don't never did find myself wondering why the prices were so high before..
I would love to have the money to buy on iTunes, but it really adds up. The giftcards are always great to get! The only thing I would obviously buy were the apps for my iPhone and videos.
I've never gotten a virus because of limewire or anything, but of course it happens.

Dekka

Just try me..
I know.... I know.... I am a jerk.

But unless the song you are asking for is freeware, you are asking to be a thief.

Yeah, roll your eyes. Its the truth. And we wonder why stuff is so expensive. Music and software....
Well no.. actually they have been getting over all cheaper. If you look at the cost of music over the last few decades its actually getting a 'reality' check. And its not that I am adverse to paying the artist. Look at what Radio Head did! Considering how many people are being 'discovered' from youtube etc, and the fact that artists would make more money if fans could pay what they wanted for it...

the problem is the whole industry.

Haha... just read this and thought of this thread...

This is what Shakira thinks about people who download...

In a recent interview, she explained that she felt "closer" to the "fans and the people who appreciate the music" when her music is downloaded, illegal or otherwise. She goes on to say:

"It's the democratisation of music in a way. And music is a gift. That's what it should be, a gift."

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
I use iTunes and MP3 Rocket (virtually the same thing as Limewire). I used to use Limewire until it over ran my computer with viruses. I buy CDs too; usually only Eminem CDs though, because I always love all his songs. If it was that big of a deal, it wouldn't take much for the police to shut Limewire and MP3 Rocket down if they wanted to, so obviously it's not too big of an issue.

Xandra

I've been at this for 2 years (no antivirus and downloading left right and center) and so far so good. We have Norton around here somewhere but I'm not eager to install another program that will send me update notices and pop-ups and all that BS. lol

If it was that big of a deal, it wouldn't take much for the police to shut Limewire and MP3 Rocket down if they wanted to, so obviously it's not too big of an issue.
Well they sued the crap out of Pirate Bay and sent the owners/creators to jail but the site is still up and running. By "they" I mean... a lot of people Sony, etc... but it was over movies, games, etc. Not music IIRC. And the defendants are Swedish. But my point is there are a lot of people PO'd about it and the site still isn't taken down.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
In Puck's defense, he's right. It is technically stealing. Just because everybody does it, doesn't make it legal. It's like doing 75 in the 65 MPH zone. Sure everyone does it, but don't complain when you get a ticket. The cops may not catch everyone, but they generally catch someone.

Xandra

See, we don't see this issue here, I guess that's why I don't care about doing it lol Completely legal here, as long as we are not downloading and burning for other people
Oh really?? You can get in trouble for it in the States?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Plus that site is loaded with problems. My friend's daughter accessed it and the viruses shut her mom's computer down.

am I the only person that actually buys songs off itunes?.... i seriously feel like the last person!
i like that the music comes with the cover art on my ipod and the sound quality is always really good tho :) but still.. for 50 cents a song. it hurts sometimes lol
Where are you getting songs for 50 cents a song? ITunes just went up for me not too long ago to $1.29 a song.

I have over 4,000 songs on my ITunes. I can't afford to spend that on music. I do buy a lot on ITunes, and I put a lot of my cd's on there too.

And Dekka is right, when I was younger, I'd have to save up $18.99 for a CD. Now they're like $11.99 at the MOST.

xpaeanx

I do a mix of everything... most of the time I buy from itunes because well...I'm not that really into music, and I like their premade playlists. :p

Sometimes, I'll borrow other people's CDs and simply load them onto my computer.

Sometimes if I really only want 1 song, I'll download them from the internet. I find that I rarely take this route, but it's mostly bc you never really know what quality the song is going be. It's actually easier for me to find a song on itunes and pay for it knowing that it's exaclty the song I want, by the artist I want, and with CD quality.

Members online

No members online now.