Fall Mushing Vacay

It didn't start out that way, but that's what it turned into with a game-time decision to take the scooter up to the Gunflint. Maisy, Squash and I spent a week there, with my husband and Pip joining us at the end of the week. When we weren't scootering or hiking/canicrossing, I was reading, knitting, watching DVDs, or sleeping. Not a bad vacation. Not bad at all.

There is a riding stable near the cabins where we were staying that is shut down for the season, so we were able to use miles and miles of nice, mostly grassy or soft dirt riding trails... very nice to doggie feets and very beautiful.

Hiking/canicross:

Thanks for looking!

It was so much fun. I have vowed to try to do this every year until I am too old and feeble to mush.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
It was so much fun. I have vowed to try to do this every year until I am too old and feeble to mush.
Then you'll just need more dogs so you can sit in a sled and direct from there ;)

One of the local resorts (not the one I stayed at) offers sled rides during the winter as an activity, so there are actually trails marked thusly up there:

:D

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
So jealous!!

I want to do skootering/skijoring SO BAD!!

For now I have just been living vicariously through you :p

Picklepaige

Ah, that looks so fun! And your dogs are awesome :)

I can barely ride a bike as it is, so hooking up dogs to one would be a disaster; I'll just have to live through those more coordinated than I am ;)

Thanks, all. It definitely was a blast. PW, as long as you sign a legal waiver you can take a scooter ride, locally I usually go to Ft Snelling State Park. :p

Equinox

These photos are AWESOME. Incredible place for the perfect vacation - I love seeing how happy Maisy and Squash look whenever you see them mushing. Maisy looks like she's prancing in some of the photos!

The photo in your avatar is a really good one.

ChristineB

Seeing these photos makes me want to get a big dog (or two or three!) I don't think my PBGV would be thrilled with this sport but it looks so incredible! What a perfect vacation ^_^

Members online

No members online now.