How would your dog react to this?

Paige

Let it be
My landlord's dog came into the yard today. She roams a lot so its not uncommon for her to just randomly appear out of the blue. She is even more soft in her temperament than Bandit. Very submissive and puppy like. Always licking and rolling onto her back. She trotted up to him, stole his bone, took it to the lower part of the yard and started to chew on it. Bandit picked up his ball, went and sat by her and played with it without a care in the world.

I have never seen George be so bold. They both clearly get on well and don't consider each other threatening at all. It had me wondering if other people's dog's would be so tolerant or if its just the dynamic between these dogs. Bandit is a 7 yearold neutered male and George is a female around the same size and is around 2.

Duke would be totally okay with it, everyone is a friend to him and he is a total pushover. Radar would not really appreciate it, he wouldn't do much though. Likely just steal it back and hide it somewhere if it was something he really cared about. Desoto would eat the other dog

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Belle would be fine with it (unless she was actively chewing ont he bone... she has no tolerance for other dogs taking food from her... Beezer has been on the end of her wrath before they really cemented their relationship)

Beezer would be FLIPPING OUT that there was another dog in his yard and I don't know that he would actually attack but it wouldn't be surprised

Red.Apricot

If the dog were Zobby sized, Zobby'd probably be fine with them. If it were a large dog, or (goodness help us!) a husky, he'd go for blood.

Elsie would charge and bark. I'm not sure if she'd bite or not. She usually loves other dogs, but she's protective of the house and yard.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Art would likely sit behind it waiting for him/her to give it back to him. lol

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
None of mine would go for a strange dog taking their stuff. That being said, I do have dogs here that would allow something like that from one or two of the others, but for the rest it'd probably start a fight.

Lyzelle

Zander wouldn't care. He might try playing keep away with her, but eventually he'd hand it over with star-struck eyes.

He loves girlies. Especially husky-type girlies, but most all girlies in general. He's more tolerant/playful of them then males, but he gets along with them, too. Every now and then he has a bromance.

ACooper

Orson does not like any other dog..........yep, I think that covers it, LOL

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Rosey doesn't like other dogs, bt she also doesn't like Bones so I think the issue would be another do being in her yard rather than it taking her bone

momto8

none of mine would be okay with another dog coming into their yard, but especially Roxy. As soon as she matured her guardian side came out and stray dogs cause her to go over the top. But a dog walked in with one of us ( when friends come to visit) are perfectly fine :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Knox would probably be okay with a female. He might be a little ticked off about his bone, but I don't think he'd hurt the other dog. Enzo wouldn't really care, especially if there was something else for her to chew.

Ozzy goes for the throat. :/

crazedACD

Mine would probably be more interested in figuring out why there was a strange dog in their yard.

I had a foster pug a little while ago that thought everything was hers. Skye and Romeo would give her extremely and increasingly clear warnings, but I never let her get to the end of what would happen. I'm not sure if they would have actually fought, I don't think so. They were both actually kind of appalled that another dog would attempt to take what they were working on.

Gypsydals

My two would raise a ruckus. Mostly because they are behind a fence. I think face to face, Ivan would posture and then "try" to make friends. Peewee from past experience would go for blood. He has actually jumped the fence to chase another dog off. Now if I bring the dog in and introduce the dog to them, they are ok. And are fine with seeing the dog in their yard. My two are not fond of strangers whether they be human or dog in their yard. They let me know everytime someone or something is in their yard that has not be invited there.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My dogs do not like other dogs coming into their yard. They would probably just bark and charge then sniff and continue barking. Would probably be okay after some sniffing.

There would be blood.

Buster has backed off if Ruby has really wanted it, and then, well, they changed their positions on brawling over bones.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Stealing the bone? Eve would be so pissed. The other dog wouldn't have a face left.

One wouldn't even notice the other, well she would, but would not care in the least, even if the other took a bone, she's content with about anything. She's not really submissive she just doesn't really give a crap.

The other would bark from behind a fence, if the dog came into the yard without forward type displays, she'd probably just sniff and watch. If they tried to take what she had, there would be blood and if they came in with an "attitude" so to speak, there would be a scuffle. Otherwise if they mind their own business, she's happy to just mind hers.

yoko

The second there was somebody to play with Yoshi wouldn't even remember a bone.

Lady though... She would have told them what she thought.

lizzybeth727

This has happened to Keegan. (sort of)

In agility class, I brought a bully stick for him to chew on and not bark. ;)

The trainer has a newer dog she uses for demos in our class, and she's also working on stays with the dog. She told us this the first week. But it's pretty funny, because the trainer will tell the dog to stay and then get distracted, and the dog *literally* tiptoes away, and the trainer usually doesn't notice for a few minutes. :D

So Keegan was chewing on his bully stick, the other dog approached, and Keegan practically handed the stick over. The funny thing is, he looked a little sad when the other dog started to take it, but he was not going to argue, he was totally going to let her have it.

The trainer noticed before she could get away with it, though, so Keegan was happy to get to keep his bully stick. :)

Luna, though? Not so much. What she lacks in size she makes up for in self confidence.

Members online

No members online now.