Jude's first few days home...

Lizmo

Water Junkie
There's a stockdog trial here in 2 weeks. ;) Hopefully I'll be meeting up with Stella and LittleBoBoop. I haven't actually met up with anyone from the bc boards yet. should be interesting. The only person I've met from online is MisssAshby from chaz.
Way cool about meeting Stella! Soo gorgeous. hehe

Erin, He's adorable! You're going to love when he gets older. I, too, prepared myself for the worst when I first got Blaze - not sleeping, teething like crazy, crying, just full of energy/too much energy. Blaze was none of those things, either. He was an awesome puppy - I hope that continues for you with Jude!

You're really going to have a blast. :D I love how versital my Border Collie is - Border Collies are awesome (but, as you can tell, I'm a bit baised. :p)

elegy

overdogged
fantastic pictures! i had such an impossible time getting pictures of steve when he was a baby because he never slowed down. he was either going warp speed or he was passed out lol

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh he is suuuuper cute!! Don't worry, Auggie wasn't a cuddlebug when I brought him home either, but before too long he would sleep in my arms. (And ONLY my arms, might I add. My mom would try to hold him and get him to sleep in her arms and he would fuss; I would hold him and he'd go SNZZZZ right away. LOL.)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
And I just snorted coffee out through my nose at your comment.

It's not as fun as it sounds.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Way cool about meeting Stella! Soo gorgeous. hehe
Stella is about the coolest looking border collie ever. I'm excited and hopefully everything works out well! The trial is about a mile from my apartment. :)

Sorry for the off topic.

S

Squishy22

Thanks everyone! I am so happy to have him home- thank you so much for being excited with me.

Hey Allie- I haven't! It's been long and coming and I always knew it would be my first dog as an adult. When it was time to officially find a breeder, I did question myself and do more research again- going to Border Collie meet ups in my town and talking to people, finding border collie owners out at parks and asking questions, and of course joining here and reading everything. I wanted to make sure I could handle a BC. I'm very happy I chose to and I want to make it my lifestyle- dog sports and high energy days. I'm pretty active in general so that helps. It's funny- it seems when you get a BC you HAVE to make it your lifestyle. I'm going to go look at Moss pictures! It's so fun to guess what they're going to look like when they get older. I'm a bit bias but I do think he'll be handsome :) I hope so! Finnegan is just gorgeous himself.

Laurelin- I will let you know! Hopefully we will be in that area in a few weeks or so.

Reggin- He's a border collie. Thanks! :) To make the background blurry, I use a high quality lens that opens up to a wide aperture- mine is an 85 1.2 - and then I shoot at a wide aperture- I think I used 1.6 or so on these. It helps me in low light and also gives pretty blur. I don't do any of it in photoshop. hope that helps!
Border collies are pretty dogs. I've only seen the black and white variety.

I need to get a better lens for my own camera.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Border collies are pretty dogs. I've only seen the black and white variety.

I need to get a better lens for my own camera.
We've got quite a few non black and white border collies on chaz. Finn, Steve, and Rory off the top of my head. And we have Blaze who is a smooth coated bc.

Members online