Advice please !!!

bubbatd

My neighbor just called and Baron ( lab/pitty mix at 80 # ) managed to get into roasted chicken bones ( whole chicken ) . She's on a very tight budget . I told her not to make him throw up , but to give him about 6 slices of bread and watch his stools . Any other input ???

bubbatd

Thanks Zoom !! At first I said 4 slices , but decided on 6 . He's eaten a loaf before . I'll check on him tomorrow for her .

xpaeanx

well I don't have much to add other than I'll keep my fingers crossed for him!!!!

and if he's lab/pit he should have a stomache made of cast iron... so there shouldn't be too much of a problem them. LOL>

bubbatd

That's what I'm doing !!! She's not too dog savvy , and thinks that I should know everything having owned dogs for over 60 years . Things change ! We used to share broiled steak bones years ago !!! Since they were cooked rare , they probably were safe , but I wouldn't take the chance today . Besides , you can't even buy a 1 3/4 sirloin steak today ! That was our weekend special to feed 5 . I'd freeze the bones until I had 5 or more and let each dog have one . Lord they were good !!!!

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
I wouldn't worry too much. Usually chicken bones are not too bad seeing as chickens are slaughtered pretty young. Lets just hope he chewed it properly and managed to get those weight bearing bones down to size. Your advice was good.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I hope you get good news about Baron this morning. I remember seeing that big boy outside in their yard.

bubbatd

Update : Right after she called yesterday , she offered him the bread but he wouldn't eat it and threw up ALL the bones . Then ate the bread . Seems fine , but she's still watching . At least they didn't reach his bowels .

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WOw sure glad he threw them all up without lodging anything anywhere. Scary!!!!

Members online

No members online now.