Ahh puberty - Support Thread

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Shockingly Backup has never been a big humper unless Sloans in heat but the tasting, oh he's always tasting.
I'm seriously convinced Keeva has a secret pair of testicles. She's been really into licking Blossom lately and it skeeves me out LOL.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Deke just started lifting his leg, does it maybe 25% of the time. He's always thought Copper was pretty and wanted to hump her, was good about it for a couple of months... back to trying to hump. He has wood some mornings when he wakes up.

Boy dogs are gross.

DJEtzel

The teeth chattering and humping is getting on my last nerve.

EVERY female Recon sees off leash he wants to go flirt with. His new favorite command is "you can flirt, but you can't hump!".... which, works.. but... I hate having to call him away from EVERY single dog we meet. :p

He's even gotten to the point of tracking down their pee spots in the park and chattering. It's gross. I keep threatening to have the vet neuter him tomorrow at his appointment, but apparently he just doesn't care. Who'd have thought that with only one nut he'd have so many hormones? I'm glad I never had to deal with any of that with Frag.

But I'd still rather have a boy than a girl! XD

Red Chrome

I do prefer the boys. But I have been extremely lucky with Judge. He has never been humpy or exhibited the normal things most intact boys do.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Nasty, mean girls all the way. So far I've had all good puppies. Teagan and Mitsu where both easy in a sense. So I have a feeling next puppy is going to be the spawn of something evil and corrupt.

We shall see though, but I just have this feeling...

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I'm seriously convinced Keeva has a secret pair of testicles. She's been really into licking Blossom lately and it skeeves me out LOL.
She and Snipe both - Snipe has been known to taste WHILE AERI IS PEEING. So, so nasty.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
You guys are listing many of the reasons I prefer females. ;)

Yet--- Millie is 11 years old and has started a pattern of humping one of my cats. When she was about a year old she had a little fling going with a Spongebob plushie, but other than that humping has not been a problem until now. She doesn't do it constantly but it still totally freaks me out.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I'm officially joining the "ahh puberty" club. T_T

Talon is the first male I've had not neutered early. Surprisingly he lifts his leg only on one spot. He hasn't learned the idea of spreading out his boundaries yet lol But he seems to think he has to go out every 10 minutes to make sure "his" spot is ok and hasn't been invaded by others :rolleyes: So annoying!

Luckily he hasn't had any humping or teeth chattering issues. (so glad) He has started testing his boundaries a bit more, but nothing too bad. Still....I can't wait for him to be all grown up!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Y'all are describing girls in ways that don't even begin to describe Pepper LOL.

Wussy pansy-ass girl who's dumb as a box of rocks.

Poor girly.

I keep trying to get my mom to trade her for Georgie.

FG167

Limit started lifting, licking, and teeth chattering at 12 weeks. Kastle chatters but doesn't lift. Eden, on the other hand, marks AND lifts her leg!

I've ALWAYS been a boy dog person. We only ever had females growing up, so when I moved out and got my first dogs...all boys and I was totally content. Still love working with my boys but...my favorite work dogs are all females. I despise dealing with heat cycles but dang, they mature so fast and are so small and athletic and revving to WORK! Fun fun fun.

Growing up we always had males, so that is what I'm used to, but they were all neutered by 8 months. I Do want to try my hand at a female at some point, but really like my goofy boys. Remind me that i said that on our next walk when the boy insists on stopping to pee on all the things

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
9 months and still VERY much a puppy :D

Just sayin!

He's semi lifted his leg a couple of times, but that is it. He's not interested in marking, or peeing or Bodhi (other than a play mate... Humped her a couple of times as a small puppy, but not since).

He's very puppy like still, but they are one of those breed that "are slow to mature".

Bodhi definitely has the balls in this house, even though Fred's are HUGE. (Still haven't got pics...).

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
my favorite work dogs are all females. I despise dealing with heat cycles but dang, they mature so fast and are so small and athletic and revving to WORK! Fun fun fun.
Yup, honestly, imo heat cycles are a pain sometimes but they're not that bad. Well, I haven't dealt with a ton of females in heat (we always spayed fosters quickly) but, yeah, totally worth it.

BostonBanker

I would so much rather have a snotty girl with a great work ethic than a goofy boy who just melts when you touch him.
I have a snotty girl who melts when you touch her. How'd I miss out on that work ethic thing?!

Gusto never got into humping, and has never marked inappropriately (and still squats 70% of the time to pee), but the throwing himself onto the ground chattering and licking and drooling at girl pee was the breaking point for me. I had intended to neuter him around a year or a bit over; 10.5 months was when I was going to rip his head off over that particular issue.

adojrts

Punky is a new member of the club as of today. She was having a ripe roaring time with an intact male Havanese stud dog owned by one of my students. They were playing and chasing each other, then to his shock she started humping him.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I prefer boys 100%. I mean, I love my little love cuddle bug who thinks I'm the center of his universe and just wants to snuggle and play and do the right thing when training. There is something about the big boogley "I love you so much please I want to do the right thing JUST LOVE ME!!" eyes lol

..but seriously he needs to stop peeing on his own feet. That is not cool.

This is Merlin. We go to wholefoods EVERY DAY. and this is him everytime I leave him outfront.

Credit of shark puppy goes to http://fireandshellamari.tumblr.com/
all the sharkpuppy comics really remind me of Merlin

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Ugh. Add Rider to the chattering/licking and marking club.

Battle for boydog vs girldog is on-going. I've always preferred girls, but there is something about them boys that keep me coming back. :p

Members online