Chaz puppies of 2013

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I would go with A as well. To me, they seem more put together and professional. It is obviously a personal decision, and you must do what feels best to you, but I would go with A.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Thanks for your input, all!

I've decided to just stick with my original plan: Go with breeder A, unless they don't have a male pup for me, then I think I would be comfortable and happy purchasing a pup from B.

Eta I do not buy dogs where a guarantee depends on returning the dog.
Thought I'd clarify: I could choose to return the dog. I wouldn't have to. And regardless of whether I would return said dog, I would still be offered a "replacement" puppy. (Also, the hip guarantee ends at 2 years, because at that time they want you to get the hips evaluated by OFA.)

At this stage, what do I say, other than "they haven't tied yet" and "her progesterone is still low, will probably be another day or two". Do they care? I doubt it, LOL.
I actually wouldn't mind getting those updates. :p Hahaha! So maybe I'm a bit more extreme than most.

Kootenay

I Love getting those updates as well, its one of the reason I love my breeder.

I should hear in a few days if ma'ma dog is knocked up. *Cross your fingers for me please* EEKKK!!!
Me three!! I like hearing ANYTHING at all. I have kind of endless questions, and am always keen to hear anything and everything.

And I should be hearing confirmation of pregnancy pretty quick, too! Good luck to you!

Red Chrome

Still waiting on my AST puppy...probably Octoberish, SO FAR AWAY.

In the meantime, Sherman is still here and his breeder has decided to retain and hold him for now, seeing how he matures. He is small but that's ok, his drive has kicked in and he is insane which is a good thing. So, I may be keeping him and training him, possibly co-owning him if everything goes according to plan.

*blackrose

The ultrasound has been done...No puppies. :(

Boo.

She is going to have another potential litter with one of her bitches due in June, but I was really hoping for a pup from the other crossing. Now I guess I get to do more pedigree/breeder research and figure out what else will be available.

*sigh*

JessLough

Love My Mutt

Boo.

She is going to have another potential litter with one of her bitches due in June, but I was really hoping for a pup from the other crossing. Now I guess I get to do more pedigree/breeder research and figure out what else will be available.

*sigh*
:( I'm sorry.

Boo.

*sigh*
Did you happen to ask if she'd be trying the breeding you wanted a pup out of again?

Oko

Silence, peasants.

Boo.

*sigh*
I'm sorry, hopefully you'll come across another litter you really like.

*blackrose

Did you happen to ask if she'd be trying the breeding you wanted a pup out of again?
Not yet. I am *really* hoping for a pup around the June/July time frame, just because it would work out SO well timing wise in terms of my schedule. If I can't find anything else I'll ask her if she'll try a repeat breeding, but I'd rather not wait that long if I can find something else I'd be equally happy with.

momto8

Boo.

*sigh*
Sorry :( Been through this more times than I wanted to.

*blackrose

Well, I've contacted my "back up" breeder, as well as a breeder with a stud who was recommended to me by a friend of Stardogs.

So, we'll see! I'm hoping one of these plays out and I'm happy with my choice. The right pup has to be out there somewhere!

Kootenay

Well, I've contacted my "back up" breeder, as well as a breeder with a stud who was recommended to me by a friend of Stardogs.

So, we'll see! I'm hoping one of these plays out and I'm happy with my choice. The right pup has to be out there somewhere!
Good luck!

I'm really hoping I don't get the same news...ultrasound should be happening pretty quick here! Fingers crossed for lots of puppies.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I hope everything works out for you as well. I've been in the waiting game as well and had to deal with two pregnancy that did not turn out, so yes it sucks. I should be hearing pretty soon if this ma'ma is knocked up or not. Lets hope she is knocked up with lots of babies.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I hear you guys on how disappointing it is to be waiting for a litter and there are no puppies. It's definitely hard and especially if you've allowed yourself to get excited (which I know we all try to not get excited but sometimes can't help it) can be heartbreaking.

Small comforts but the right dog will be there at the right time, not always on our schedule or where we expect them to come from. I've said it before, Payton is not what I expected, but he was the right dog for me and I know I was the right home for him! He almost went to a pet home. :yikes: That poor unsuspecting home LOL.

I hope you all get your perfect puppies soon!!

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
I hear you guys on how disappointing it is to be waiting for a litter and there are no puppies. It's definitely hard and especially if you've allowed yourself to get excited (which I know we all try to not get excited but sometimes can't help it) can be heartbreaking.
So true... and it is equally, if not more difficult for the breeder. I have now had three breedings not take, and honestly the pain of telling buyers that there are no puppies is really, really awful. Heartbreaking. And when you consider the time, money, passion... that went into that litter... its just awful. I HATE the so many good breeders have such crap luck getting dogs pregnant when these stupid BYBs seem to have no trouble at all with it.

I'm so sorry that the litter didn't work out for you, blackrose. :(

Members online

No members online now.