More Questions... >.<

Doggish.Obsession

Bombed To-Be Puppy Owner
Sorry. But I'm kinda nervous, and I feel so helpless, and all I can do is try and learn all about what I can do with my soon-to-be puppy.

1) When I get my puppy, it will be 37 days old. (I know he's going to be a tad young but...) When should I take him to the vet?

2) So I have to puppy-proof the house. Should I like, clean EVERYTHING? (I am willing to, because I'll do anything for meh precious to-be puppy.)

More questions coming, I gotta run.

That pupo will be 5 weeks please wait longer to bring him home, you will have a lot of problems with him if you dont wait

I took my dog to the vet, the day after we got her from the breeder (she was flown in so it was too late to take her the day we got her).

I think as soon as possible is best. Just a quick check up can ensure everything is okay, put your mind at ease, and start your puppy off on the right foot.

Elissa

mojozen

bullie lover
Do not bring that puppy home so young! He will be missing valuable lessons from his mother and siblings. It's not just a little too young, it's VERY MUCH too young!

Saje

Island dweller
That is a ridiculously young age to take a pup from it's mom. We've told you that over and over. It's VERY important. Why do you keep asking questions if you don't like the answers?

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
DON'T TAKE THAT PUPPY HOME AT 5 WEEKS!

You're getting a maltese, right? It's recommended that maltese be at least 12 weeks of age when they leave mom! Maltese dogs don't develop as fast as larger breed puppies. At 5 weeks, maltese pups aren't even completely weaned from mom's milk. Heck, they don't even start walking until they're 3 weeks old! If you take that pup at 5 weeks, you will damage its physical and mental health. Check out this article, it gives you plenty of reasons why they need to stay until 12 weeks old.

http://www.foxstonemaltese.com/12weekrule.htm

And to be completely blunt, if your breeder is letting you take home a 5-week-old pup, I'd find another breeder. That is completely irresponsible. Heck, according to the link I posted, that's completely against the American Maltese Association code of ethics. Sorry, that doesn't sound like a good breeder to me. Find another breeder. You'll save yourself a lot of heartache in the long run.

Last edited:

shepluvr

doggish obsesision said:
Thats flipping crazy! I heard you had to bring it home AT LEAST 6 weeks- 8 weeks or something like that.

BUT THATS STILL FLIPPING CRAZY!!!! FIVE WEEKS!!!!
you need to take your own advice....listen to everyone here...wait to bring that pup home.

bubbatd

Did you get my PM ??? I may have gone off line .... otherwise, I'm very serious !

skyeblue

mut and proud of it!
everyones true if you dont leave it it wont have learnt to play fight and if meets other dogs it WILL NOT know they are play fighting and it could attack them. This is a FACT it was said by Victoria Stillwell that dog miracle worker!!!

Members online

No members online now.