Just want to crawl up into a ball.

Barbara!

We are so crap on money that our Internet and phone just got cut off, the dogs have to eat Purina, and I don't know whether or not we are going to make rent. We have to have $500 on Saturday, and we have no money. Josh gets a check Saturday... But I know it won't be that much. So he may have to get a forward on his next check... Which puts us out another two weeks for money.. With us owing $400 to the Internet company, and a payment on my camera coming up. My car has an oil leak, we still owe the vet money for Penny's emergency spay, and the clutch on Josh's truck is going out. Josh told me the other night, after being a robot for 7 months and me screaming and crying to finally make him break down, that he's not "IN love" with me all the time anymore, and that he just feels lost and depressed in our relationship. He said he loves me and cares about me more than anything in the world, but sometimes he just doesn't feel in it anymore like he used to be. With money stress and me being a ball of absolute depression and negativity and bedridden sorrow, I don't blame him for feeling dead in our relationship. And I go on the 14th to found out how many weeks pregnant I am.... With all this going on.... And I can't find a job to save my life.

I am sitting on my counter, with my iPad in my kitchen window, stealing the neighbors Internet to post this and do job applications.

My life really, really, really sucks right now.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm very sorry, can you try chain stores like petco, PetSmart, Walmart, target, etc? Or on the flip try a small business that you can befriend your way in? Have you written your résumé? Do you need help? Is there public assistance you can apply for? Have you considered selling the camera for what you owe, pay it off and be done?

Red Chrome

Get down to 1 car. Sell the worse of the 2 and set the money aside. Plus you cut down on insurance that way. Sell the camera, and anything else that will bring in some money and lessen your debt.

Sell yourself to prospective jobs. There should be a ton of temporary holiday jobs right now.

Fran27

Get down to 1 car. Sell the worse of the 2 and set the money aside. Plus you cut down on insurance that way. Sell the camera, and anything else that will bring in some money and lessen your debt.

Sell yourself to prospective jobs. There should be a ton of temporary holiday jobs right now.
This.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I feel your pain, I was injured about 5 mos ago when a horse kicked me really bad in the shoulder/ chest area, & a couple Of months ago I have been able to start weight training on it again. I was able to find a part time 20 hr a week job & boss gave me as many extra hours as he could, OH has been able to find a full time job but we have to live apart & it's hard. I don't have rent (since he can live in the teams apartments for free & I'm not paying rent at home because I cook & pitch in with the maintance) but there is still the cell phones, car payment, dog food, our food, not to mention any unexpected medical things like my injury which I didn't go to the doctor for because we were still reeling from Izze's doctor costs.

So I feel your pain , prayers & thoughts going your way.

There are some good foods that (depending on where you are located) that are the same price as purina but better; blue buffalo, TOTW, TSC's brand (some are made at diamond I don't know if you are comfortable with feeding s food made from them or at their plant or not.

kady05

...sell the ipad? That's like half the money you need right there.
This, and sell the camera too.. you have a T3i from what I remember, just the bodies alone go for around $400-450 used. If you sold the iPad and the camera, I would think you'd be well on your way to being able to pay your current bills.

Barbara!

My parents pay my insurance, thank God. We can't sell either one. He needs his truck to get to work and if I get a job, I will need my car.

Josh won't let me sell the camera. It's really one of the very few valuable things I own. The payments aren't large...so we will probably be able to make it this month. I am just worried about the rent more than anything... We need to make the rent. So I hope his boss gives him a forward on his next check.

And yeah, I just did a lot of apps... Hoping to get something soon.

It's already on Craigslist...

However, it's an iPad 1 with a severely cracked and discolored screen and a dent on the side. The most we have been offered is $75. Since we paid $500 for it, neither Josh or I are really comfortable with taking so little.

Everything would be perfect and we would make it if Josh's boss gives him a forward on his check, his work picks up, and I am able to find a job...

Red Chrome

Very true. Liquidating assets is really what you need to do. Cut out the internet and all but 1 phone. Instead go to places that have free wifi or use the neighbors like you are etc. I don't know about LA but WA has places called WorkSource that helps you find a job, it is where you do unemployment classes worker retraining stuff etc. They will help people out of work find a job.

When looking for a job, depending on the job, make sure you are appealing to them. Looking at an office job 9-5 etc. then don't show up after noon to turn in a resume. Show up in the morning to drop off the resume. Dress appropiately. Business Attire no matter what the job is. Sell yourself, leave them thinking we NEED to hire that girl.

yoko

Honestly just sell the iPod. That would fix at least the dogs food issue.

Sell the camera and pay it off with that money. That's one payment gone.

Get rid of one car. Less insurance payment.

Sell your phones. Buy the cheapo pay a you go and keep ten dollars on it for emergencies.

It sucks but in this situation you really do need to realize a lot of these things are luxuries.

yoko

It's really hard to find a job these days ... But you want to keep some kind of link to the Internet becsusthstsbhow most resumes & apps Are done these days
Public library.

Also most places DO have a computer set up for applications. Sometimes you just have to ask. They aren't set out so people don't vandalize them.

milos_mommy

You should be able to get buy with one car - you can drop Josh off at work and then go to your job. It might be tricky if you get a job with overlapping hours, but lots of couples do it. See if he can car pool - even if he pitches in for gas it will be cheaper than paying for two cars.

yoko

Also apply every where. Food, retail, any thing.

Some of those jobs suck but a paycheck is a paycheck and fast food is always hiring due to their horrendous turnover rate.

Red Chrome

Public library.

Also most places DO have a computer set up for applications. Sometimes you just have to ask. They aren't set out so people don't vandalize them.
^This!

It is hard to find a job these days BUT if you want one, you will work your butt off to get one. It's hard but it's doable.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
This was exactly my first thought. Complaining about not having money then saying that you're posting from an iPad is a little ridiculous. When you come on hard times, do your best to find a way through them, not complain about them from an expensive toy.

I'm not saying the situation doesn't suck but I grew up in a family where if money was tight we went without and we sold what we could to stay afloat. My mom always comments on how she doesn't understand people who sit around and complain about not having money. There are always jobs that are hiring, they may not be fun or pleasant jobs that you want to make a career of but they will pay and keep you in a home and fed.

Aren't you also pregnant? You should be doing all you can to save for the future right now as well as keeping yourself safe and healthy.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
This was exactly my first thought. Complaining about not having money then saying that you're posting from an iPad is a little ridiculous. When you come on hard times, do your best to find a way through them, not complain about them from an expensive toy.

I'm not saying the situation doesn't suck but I grew up in a family where if money was tight we went without and we sold what we could to stay afloat. My mom always comments on how she doesn't understand people who sit around and complain about not having money. There are always jobs that are hiring, they may not be fun or pleasant jobs that you want to make a career of but they will pay and keep you in a home and fed.

Aren't you also pregnant? You should be doing all you can to save for the future right now as well as keeping yourself safe and healthy.
This!

Getting $75 for the iPad is better than nothing- that will cover food for the dogs at least.

milos_mommy

Also, if you can, while looking for a steady job, post flyers and on craigslist offering things like dog sitting, dog walking, etc...look for babysitting gigs. It's not steady money, but it will help until things get better.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
We only have one car & I keep my cars til they fall apart on me lol. Ever since I can remember we have always been a one car family.

Granted the iPad she says is busted what about any old cell phones, what about any old/broken jewelry you might have? I would sell everything I could before I would feed my dogs purina he'll I make $200 a week on a good week & I still manage to feed them back to basics, because I coupon like crazy & "skimp" on myself. If you need a data plan at home for Internet there are plans like t mobile that offer unlimited Internet you Cana also purchase wifi signal for home, I was actually thinking of doing this to help with my data usage, tho I get 5 gigs of data per month & Iam on my phone/laptop (phone is my hot spot) all the time & I have only gotten one message saying I have use 50% data.

I never talk to anyone not on AT&T (it's free to talk to anyone on AT&T anytime) so I don't pay talk overages & I have so many rollover minutes that I don't think I will ever use them in my lifetime ... Wish I could convert them to data lol.

Members online

No members online now.