Not official yet

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Thanks :) unless we find that gold mine or money tree it's unlikely we'll make it still. :-/

I *may* see what flights look like, see if I can bunk with someone, and see if DD will allow a transfer of funds within a family since Sloan is paid for but not going. Otherwise it's very cool to gain the invites and we'll spend the weekend cheering on people from afar!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I would say we could bunk, since I already have a room at Holiday Inn, but I'll have fam with me. :(

How did JR finals go?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Looks like it's a no-go. Everyone thought it was based on title. It's not. It's based on jump distance.

Pretty upset with DD right now, because I called months ago to confirm how it was done, and got a yup, you're right answer.

There are going to be lots of surprised folks today when they receive invites they didn't even know about...and lots of angry people who thought they were getting invites, and now aren't.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Ugh, I'm so sorry. :( a lot of people said if this is how nat'l/WW events are held we'll stick to local/ fun jumps after the way they seemingly flip flopped rules and guidelines at Western Regionals. I worry that even their employees don't know the rules that well.

It's really disappointing that they and splash dogs (immature, unprofessional, uncaring) are dominating the sport right now. I hope NWC and UAD come up with a vengeance, and as clear respect for their competitors as they seemingly have.

Last edited:

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
So wait, they are just taking the top jumpers in each distance division? Vs. taking titles into consideration at all? That really sucks. :(

I know Eastern Regionals we had the same confusion about rules, but I would have thought they'd have figured it out by Western Regionals. >.<

Lizmo

Water Junkie
So wait, they are just taking the top jumpers in each distance division? Vs. taking titles into consideration at all? That really sucks. :(

I know Eastern Regionals we had the same confusion about rules, but I would have thought they'd have figured it out by Western Regionals. >.<
Yes. Titles do not matter - unless your jump average is below your title.

I can tell you one thing, I won't be waiting on this rankings mess next year if we try for Worlds.

Members online

No members online now.