Pupcorn!

This is too funny!

I've got popcorn in the microwave and as soon as it started popping Kharma darted over to the microwave, hackles raised, and started barking at it!

She smells something good, but it's making strange noises, lol!

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
ROFL, that's great Renee! I haven't tried to cook popcorn around Sunny yet but he sure gets excited when he hears the microwave door open or close or hears it go on. I gave him rice and warm broth with his food to soften it up when he was really little and he still knows the sound means food for someone :D

She's been quite the guard dog ever since she came home as a 10 week old baby, but since someone shot her in the foot she's been a terror. Any strange noise, anything out of place, she's got to investigate. If Charley parks one of the tractors in a different place she's got to go check it out, ready to charge . . . you should see her when she hears gunshots! Growling and throwing herself against the door.

Saje

Island dweller
Aww. Poor thing. LOL

My dogs don't like popcorn very much. They eat occasionally but only when they think they are starving :rolleyes:

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Yeah, I never heard about the shot-in-the-foot thing.

Renee that's so cute of, Kharma. She sounds like such a nice girl! And fromt he pic I've seen, she's beautiful. :)

Blondie

Someone shot her in the foot??? :eek: How did that happen? Blondie can definitely tell when the microwave beeps... it means food is ready!! And he loves it, gets on furniture near the kitchen and checks on the smell. He's been watching TV lately, if there's a dog on the screen he sometimes barks at it, and if it's a soccer game, he sometimes jumps up to go for the ball! I've never microwaved popcorn when he's around, I'll have to tell you later.

We're not sure how it happened. It was a .22 hollowpoint - shattered when it hit the bone and fractured the two weight bearing toes. She was in a cast for four weeks, and broke two splints - including the steel shank in the leg of it. :rolleyes: What a nightmare! Whoever did it undoubtedly was trying to kill her and aimed wrong. Charley's put the word out that all it's going to take is her growling at someone and he'll know who did it and deal with them.

I never had to worry about my dogs when I was in town. Now, out here in the country it's always something.

Blondie

Oh Renee I'm so sorry! I can only imagine how hard it was for you and the poor baby! Is she doing okay now?

bogolove

Renee750il said:
We're not sure how it happened. It was a .22 hollowpoint - shattered when it hit the bone and fractured the two weight bearing toes. She was in a cast for four weeks, and broke two splints - including the steel shank in the leg of it. :rolleyes: What a nightmare! Whoever did it undoubtedly was trying to kill her and aimed wrong. Charley's put the word out that all it's going to take is her growling at someone and he'll know who did it and deal with them.

I never had to worry about my dogs when I was in town. Now, out here in the country it's always something.

Good for Charley! I am right behind him. We will all show up and whoever did it will be sorry the messed with the whole forum. They will think we are like the dog mafia!

bogolove said:
Good for Charley! I am right behind him. We will all show up and whoever did it will be sorry the messed with the whole forum. They will think we are like the dog mafia!
You mean we aren't? :D

Kharma's fine now, Blondie, she's just a terror when she hears gunshots. She wants to go after the shooting, which is a breed characteristic - they'll actually react and disarm anyone other than family with anything they decide is a weapon. When she was 7 months old, Buffy took a 2' long, 2 1/2 " diameter steel bar away from Big Mike when he was picking up the tractor to repair it. Charley told him to wait until he put the dogs up but Big Mike thought he wasn't afraid of dogs . . . he is now, lol!

Kharma was really pitiful with her leg in the cast - when she remembered to be! She really milked it for all it was worth, but then she'd forget and try to bounce around and wrestle with Shiva. She's a hard pup to keep down - definitely shows she's related to Buffy. ;)

Members online

No members online now.