Votes: 6 11.5%
  • No, I never do.

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • Chicken Noodle Soup

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Just heard a little bit about the new options in flu vaccines this year, including those made sans egg product and new versions with FOUR strains vs the standard 3.

So, who is getting the vaccine this year?

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I get one every year. It's on the list this year as well. Wife and older DD will likely get one as well.

SpringerLover

I wouldn't be opposed to it necessarily but I've never gotten so ill I have to go to the hospital/doctor so... I just continue to not get one.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I did a few times when I worked at the station and they gave them to us for free... but normally I don't bother. It's all a crap shoot anyway so I just roll the dice. =P I haven't had an actual flu since I was in middle school.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Nah...... I work with the public, but it doesn't even register. All NHS staff are offered, but equally as a preventative to patients in their care.

If I was at risk (severe asthma, elderly, frail etc) then I would consider it definitely.

FG167

I did a few times when I worked at the station and they gave them to us for free... but normally I don't bother. It's all a crap shoot anyway so I just roll the dice. =P
This is basically my outlook.

When I worked at the hospital, it was mandatory, and that really aggravated me.

milos_mommy

I got it while pregnant, but don't think I'll get it again. I have that the flu a few times, but the last was 5 years ago.

BostonBanker

I've never had it either. I rarely get sick - most years I don't even get a cold, and I've only had something I assume was the flu once in my adult life. I figure my immune system is working phenomenally all by itself, so I try not to mess with it.

xpaeanx

I'd rather not get it done.... As I don't like injecting things into my body just for the fun of it. As Dekka once described it, "throwing a dart at a moving target."

That being said, if I don't get it I have to wear a mask at work which is annoying... So I get it done to avoid the mask. Also, this year I have to try a new round of drugs that will quite possibly cause all kinds of mayhem to my body, so I was told I need to get it for that reason too.... Joy.

I didn't vote because there was no option for being forced into it. :p

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I don't get it. I caught the H1N1 virus years ago, which completely killed my immune system, so I'm guaranteed to get the flu anyway :p I'm also guaranteed to get bronchitis at least twice. So really, I'm screwed anyway, may as well not inject things into my body.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I've never gotten it, and also never had the flu (besides a stomach flu, three times, but I don't think that counts). Although I wouldn't say my immune system is great (I get colds ALL the time), if I were to get the flu I am 99.9% certain it would stay the flu and not turn into something like pneumonia. So, I don't get it.

My dad works at a hospital and he is required to get it. I think the past year or two he's gotten it, he's gotten ill from the vaccine. No thanks.

Dogs6

Plus One
I probably will get it because I have asthma and it's recommended that I get it and my doctor strongly encourages me to get it. However I didn't get it or the flu last year so... I don't know haha

CaliTerp07

I think I have to, since I'm pregnant :( always managed to avoid it in the past, even though I work in a school with hundreds of germ producers :D

Members online

No members online now.