• Maybe

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • grilled cheese & tomato soup

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Lyzelle

The MAJORITY of non-idiots (dog people or just general knowledge Joe) can at least pick out Sibe, Malamute, or just generic "husky". When he was younger, he was super awkward, though, and went through a few weird growth spurts. So we also got Akita, Shiba, and the ever-popular Wolf-Mix.

I think he is pretty typey, though. Not SHOW-BRED typey, but definitely more moderate.

His faults....without me going all super-critical to overcompensate for my kennel blindness....

*He is way over standard, at around 27'' at the withers. At good and muscled condition, 65lbs.
*I feel his neck is too short, and his shoulder too straight. Or something. There's something going on there that looks wonky to me.
*He toes out, both in the front and behind.
*At natural stance, he stands under himself from behind. His never stands square, unless I forcefully put him in a stack.

Gaiting.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
One thing I forgot to mention is her skin. You see a lot of excessively loose skin in Dachshunds, even though it's out of standard. Yes, the skin need to stretch and have give (especially around the neck and shoulders), but you shouldn't be able to grab massive handfuls. Nola's skin is ideal in that aspect.

As for temperament... Yes and no. She has the mischievous, brave, ballsy and bossiness that's desired. She is a little more biddable than a lot of dachshunds, and doesn't track much. She's soft tempered in some situations, hard as nails in others.

Toller_08

I'd say Journey is recognizable as an Aussie. However, despite how photos portray her I think, she doesn't carry much coat. It's thick when she's in coat, but it's really not long, and it's super wash n wear. I love her coat. She has more than Dance and yet it's 100 times easier to care for. Journey also seems more refined and feminine with less bone than other show Aussies we've been around. But still very much all Aussie looking. She just seems smaller somehow, despite being 40lbs and around 21" tall.

Dance looks like a Toller. She is fine boned, a little easty westy in the front, her eyes are further apart I think than they should be (and darker than people are used to, but within standard) and her topline is not great, but she definitely looks like a Toller and I've seen dogs similar (or worse) in build being successfully shown.

Keira is recognizable as a Doberman but I wouldn't say she's that typey. She's snipey, too short in body, there is something about her shoulders that isn't right (but I don't really know what cause I suck at conformation critiquing - too straight maybe), etc. Put next to a nicely put together Doberman, there are huge differences. But you can still look at her and tell that she is definitely a Dobermans.

Ripley I think is typey over all. He has faults too, but is much more correct than Keira I think.

Members online

No members online now.