Votes: 12 25.0%
  • other

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • i like cheese

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I go to Western Feed and a couple of boutiques/specialty stores that I've gone to for years... they actually give me better discounts and more free stuff than Petsmart, and I work at PM! D; Plus the quality of the products does not even compare.

If I really need kibble/treats or something and it's late, I won't touch anything at Petsmart, and only a few of the brands at Petco.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
For anything but snake food I go to the local dog shop because they carry my food at a great price. I go to PetCo for snake food because they're the only place in town that will sell live feeder rats and mice and my Python would starve otherwise.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I rarely go to Petsmart, and we don't have Petco here. We have several great mom and pop pet boutiques that sell good food, chews, toys and supplies, and I would much rather support a small business, being a business owner myself.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i go to petco because its convenient when i want to go brows...but i havent bought anything from there in a very very long time.
i do costco for food, make my own treats, toys and clothes...and yeah.

Brattina88

I go to Pet Supplies "Plus", they have better brand foods & treats. I don't have a Petco close enough to me that I'd go to it regularly. But I also go to the next town over to the Grateful Dog Bakery - locally owned, natural foods & treats, and it carries Natura products :) worth the drive ;)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I buy food and other supplies for my dog and cat at Tractor Supply because it seems that they have better brands than Petsmart;
^ this. I love TSC (I'm wearing a TSC sweatshirt right now :D ). The people are amazing, actually look like they WANT to be there and everyone is always more than willing to help. I've even had people, more than once, ask about my dogs.

I don't think I've bought anything at Petsmart or Petco in a couple years now. I buy all my stuff online, TSC, or the Jeffer's warehouse.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Maybe I heard wrong, but I thought PETA owned stock in Petco which was how they managed to convince them to stop selling large parrots?

Anyway, I refuse to support them after they started bowing down to those nutsos. It's either Petsmart, online, or small boutiques for me.

Criosphynx

the large parrot thing was forced on petco...the peta people had been pressuring for many many years and since large parrots were not a huge source of income they finally decided to just do away with them to shut peta up.

at least that was my perception of the whole thing...

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Neither. I used to shop at Global Pets.

Some times Petsmart for a toy or something.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I get horse feed, bedding, dewormer, and Jack's food from TSC.

I get Sally's food, the cats' food, and some treats and toys at Pet Supplies Plus.

I get other treats and toys from Petsmart, and bought my recently acquired betta's tank, heater, and gravel from there.

We got our betta and his food at a local pet and hobby place--their bettas looked the cleanest and healthiest by far.

We occasionally buy toys are Big R's.

I go to another feed store for my horse's joint supplements.

We occasionally go to Petco for some socialization and to buy whatever looks good there.
We get kitty litter where ever it's cheapest....

I buy food and most other things at PetSense and Tractor Supply because they are the closest options. I occasionally got to PetCo but it's about 45 minutes away and even less often go to PetSmart. PetSmart is an hour away and I usually only go there about once a year when bird fair time comes around lol.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Neither. We go to Pet Supplies Plus because they carry all the better food brands, and they have a pretty large toy selection as well. (Plus I just noticed today they sell Fido Fleece sweaters, so now I don't have to order online and hope it fits!). And they sell the better bully sticks. They're a bit more expensive than Petco or Petsmart but I figure it's worth it.

I'll go to Petco if I'm looking for treats because they still have some pretty good brands and they're not as expensive... very very rarely do I go to Petsmart.

S

Squishy22

Id love to support the small businesses, but the one I used to live by was WAY over priced. No thanks. For me, its Petsmart.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
We don't have a Petco here. Whenever I'm somewhere that has one I'm like OMMMMG PETCO THAT'S WHERE THE PETS GO LET'S GO THERE.
I buy toys at PetSmart but most food and treats and stuff, for the majority, are bought at locally owned pet supply stores.

lizzybeth727

the large parrot thing was forced on petco...the peta people had been pressuring for many many years and since large parrots were not a huge source of income they finally decided to just do away with them to shut peta up.

at least that was my perception of the whole thing...
Yep, pretty much.

Here's an article. Petco Ends Sale of Large Birds - Full Story

BullMastiffMama

Will Work for Kibble
I went to PetCo when I'd moved near one about two years ago. They had maggots in the 'treat bar.' :(

Went to a different one 6mo later (they had the superwide collars I like for Capone) and I just had to check.... lo and behold, maggots again.

I don't think I could ever go to PetCo again. :(

I like the local feed supply downtown, but for the treat log thing Capone adores, we go to PetSmart. I like Millie and Bo's, a local boutique owned by my vet's office, but we only go in for a treat or two once in a blue moon. Anything other than the treats made there is geared toward smaller dogs.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I completely read this wrong... oops. If I had to pick between the two, I'd choose Petco.

Buuut... I shop at a local doggy bakery for our dog food.

Members online

No members online now.