I got to CL to look for a crate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Ok got a text back - she's still available and I could pick her up today as long as I have $80. :p The only catch is that they want me to sign something that says the puppy comes back to them if I can't keep her and because all of this is local I can't just outright lie. I'm going to see if they are up for a foster situation as long as I still pay the $80...

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have a dog training business that serves that area - I cannot risk my business. If it were just me, I'd do it, but because my work directly involves dogs and the dog world is small, these sorts of things have a way of coming back to haunt you.

I have a friend who may be able to snag her if I help with the fee, though.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Oh yah, I forgot about that...

Well, can you just get the possible forever home to go get her if you pay the fee? (unless you were asking the $80 for adoption fee from them)

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have a friend who might be able to get her (she's also local); I've offered to pay the fee, though I was hoping to have that covered by whoever adopts her. Still working on Plan B...

Ugh. I hate this.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
If they don't want her and are looking to get rid of her, why would they have any interest in taking her back? That just seems odd to me. I hope you can get her.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
She googled my friend and said she wasn't interested in selling the pup to a "rescue or flipper". :p My friend does some in home dog boarding and trains her own SD but that's about it. >.< *sigh*

I do think I may have found the "breeder" via an ebay classified so I did go ahead and email them on the off chance they might want the pup back.

Tahla9999

Wow, that is pretty picky for somone who desperately wants the pup gone. How frustrating.

Paige

Let it be
Get someone else to text and don't mention you two are related in any way? *sneakyninja*

Paige

Let it be
I personally wouldn't want to ruin my name locally either... but I'd totally geta friend to go, fill that thing out and the pup won't look the same soon enough anyways so they will be none the wiser. As terrible as that sounds a Mal for 80 bucks on craigslist... what are these people thinking? They are about to unleash the beast on some poor unexpected person who has no idea and just sees a cheap dog with a flimsy contract to sign.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Is there something wrong with just letting them rehome the dog to a home they think is good? I mean, if they care enough to want to place him with an actual home vs. a rescue, is it really that bad?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
If they screened the homes at all? Certainly a good rehome would be awesome!

Unfortunately, the fact is that I asked if I could take the dog home today, without being asked a single question about my home and without ever having talked to the person on the phone and they said as long as I paid the $80, yes. There was *no* screening. :(

yoko

If they screened the homes at all? Certainly a good rehome would be awesome!

Unfortunately, the fact is that I asked if I could take the dog home today, without being asked a single question about my home and without ever having talked to the person on the phone and they said as long as I paid the $80, yes. There was *no* screening. :(
I mean they are kinda doing some screening... They wouldn't let you take it unless you agreed to return the dog if you couldn't keep it AND they googled your friend. They may not be doing a good job at it but there does seem to be some care/minimal screening being done.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Guess we may have to agree to disagree - to me asking for $, having an unenforcable contract, and asking no questions about the home other than to google someone is not acceptable when it comes to rehoming any dog, let alone a breed that is not for a novice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.