Obama/Biden versus Romney/Ryan?

Yeah, I disagree....taking away the right of a women to choose to have an abortion or not is DEFINITELY taking away a woman's right to make decision for her own body.

I do agree that Romney's history is not bad on the abortion issue but I dont know how he would handle the issue as POTUS. But, I am not voting on that issue alone

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yeah, I disagree....taking away the right of a women to choose to have an abortion or not is DEFINITELY taking away a woman's right to make decision for her own body.

I do agree that Romney's history is not bad on the abortion issue but I dont know how he would handle the issue as POTUS. But, I am not voting on that issue alone

Ahhhh but I said being anti abortion... Not makig abortion illegal. Romney may not agree with abortion but he has not made moves to tey to make it illegal.

I am anti abortion (for birth control
Purposes) but I don't think it should be illegal. I wish women would take sex more seriously and stop viewing it as just fun when it could resilt in
Choosing to end a life (not talking about medical nessecity) but I wouldn't make it illegal ... I am still anti abortion (even though I myself have had to make the choice to terminate for medical reasons)

Although I would say wen have a lot of choice about their bodies when it comes to choosing an act that could result in a pregnancy. Barring rape, we all have a choice. We all know what sex can result in... I sometimes wish there was a little more of a personal responsibility mind set these days. Sex is fun but we all know that babies are a very possible result. I get that people are more sexually liberal but is that a good choice if youcan't handle the real possibilities?

Last edited:

Barbara!

This is getting a little ridiculous. I never assumed anyone was ignorant. Not once. And I gave the links and a summary... I said they were against the things I stated and I meant it as a collective statement...as in both Ryan and Romney...not either/or.

If you're going to cease debating about the subject and start fussing about the debate itself, I don't see the point in it anymore.

I also agree that telling a woman that she can't have an abortion IS against women's rights. And to clarify, many of their beliefs also border on it...to think that won't leak into their politics is naiive.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Ahhhh but I said being anti abortion... Not makig abortion illegal. Romney may not agree with abortion but he has not made moves to tey to make it illegal.

I am anti abortion (for birth control
Purposes) but I don't think it should be illegal. I wish women would take sex more seriously and stop viewing it as just fun when it could resilt in
Choosing to end a life (not talking about medical nessecity) but I wouldn't make it illegal ... I am still anti abortion (even though I myself have had to make the choice to terminate for medical reasons)

Although I would say wen have a lot of choice about their bodies when it comes to choosing an act that could result in a pregnancy. Barring rape, we all have a choice. We all know what sex can result in... I sometimes wish there was a little more of a personal responsibility mind set these days. Sex is fun but we all know that babies are a very possible result. I get that people are more sexually liberal but is that a good choice if youcan't handle the real possibilities?
:hail::hail::hail:

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Abortion "as BC" is, imo, an extremist and judgmental label. It's cool if you're against abortion but the simplistic mentality of presuming it's a BC form for more than the minority is ridiculous.

Abortions are painful, distressing, and expensive. It's not super common that you find people using them on the regular and to be very judgmental myself if someone is that off the wall I'm not sure I want more of them in the world, the idea screams idiocracy.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Abortion "as BC" is, imo, an extremist and judgmental label. It's cool if you're against abortion but the simplistic mentality of presuming it's a BC form for more than the minority is ridiculous.

Abortions are painful, distressing, and expensive. It's not super common that you find people using them on the regular and to be very judgmental myself if someone is that off the wall I'm not sure I want more of them in the world, the idea screams idiocracy.
Judgemental... Probably. Aren't we all judgemental when it comes to something we believe in. I get that we don't want people having babies who shouldn't be having them... Hence one of the reasons I clearly stated it shouldn't be illegal. I still don't agree with it.

I just people would think a little more before engaging in sexual intercourse and stop thinking of it as just fun and really consider the possible consequences. I didn't think of it as anything but fun and I wound up pregnant while tied to an emotionally abusive man and ended up extremely ill and had to make the decision to terminate or not. I fully get that it is distressing but it definitely changed my view of "sex for fun". There are lots of people who have said "if I got pregnant I would have an abortion" like it's nOthing. You can even see some of that here on chaz in past abortion threads.

So maybe it's being judgmental and I will fully admit I am not immune to passing judgment (none of us are) but I am anti abortion but also against making it illegal. I am pro more personal responsibility though.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Judgemental... Probably. Aren't we all judgemental when it comes to something we believe in. I get that we don't want people having babies who shouldn't be having them... Hence one of the reasons I clearly stated it shouldn't be illegal. I still don't agree with it.

I just people would think a little more before engaging in sexual intercourse and stop thinking of it as just fun and really consider the possible consequences. I didn't think of it as anything but fun and I wound up pregnant while tied to an emotionally abusive man and ended up extremely ill and had to make the decision to terminate or not. I fully get that it is distressing but it definitely changed my view of "sex for fun". There are lots of people who have said "if I got pregnant I would have an abortion" like it's nOthing. You can even see some of that here on chaz in past abortion threads.

So maybe it's being judgmental and I will fully admit I am not immune to passing judgment (none of us are) but I am anti abortion but also against making it illegal. I am pro more personal responsibility though.
:hail: :hail:

I don't think abortions should be illegal, but I don't agree with them. If you want to have sex but don't want babies, then you should at least double up on birth control AND realize that you could still get pregnant.

I've heard people throw around the whole "well, I'll just get the abortion pill if I get pregnant, since it's easy." I'm NOT talking about the morning after pull- I'm talking the actual one that terminates the pregnancy. And like Sparks said, I've seen people throw around abortion on this forum as well like it's no big deal.

Judgemental? Maybe. But abortion makes me very sad and I wish people would take more personal responsibility for their actions.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
There you have it. Just because Romney personally believes that abortion is wrong doesn't automatically mean he's out to strip women of all their rights and keep them barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen

you can have a deep personal belief without passing legislation on it.

GipsyQueen

There you have it. Just because Romney personally believes that abortion is wrong doesn't automatically mean he's out to strip women of all their rights and keep them barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen

you can have a deep personal belief without passing legislation on it.
Maybe, but I honestly can't imagine that not playing a role in his legislations.

Another thing that bothers me, is that his doesn't support same sex marriage and states this very clearly.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Maybe, but I honestly can't imagine that not playing a role in his legislations.

Another thing that bothers me, is that his doesn't support same sex marriage and states this very clearly.
has it played a role in his legislations so far? I mean... he's not new to politics. Looking back on the posts about the links that were posted he hasn't been voting to make abortions illegal so far.

has it played a role in his legislations so far? I mean... he's not new to politics. Looking back on the posts about the links that were posted he hasn't been voting to make abortions illegal so far.
He hasnt, BUT, I dont trust that he would veto or stop things coming up either. Again, what he is saying now is in many areas vastly different from what he has done and voted for in the past. Is he just pandering to his party to get elected? Maybe....or maybe he was pandering with his votes and policies to his constituents before and now thinks he has room to move further right...I just dont know.

GipsyQueen

Possibly, but honesty, the fact that say says things that are different from the things he's actually done - just makes me distrust him even greater.

Just because his values are different from the things he's done doesn't mean he won't veto things in the futur.

If he had stated, that he himself doesn't believe in abortions, but also believes that it is a womans own choice to make - fine. However, he didn't. While I can't imagine getting an abortion (unless health or rape), I would never forbid someone else from doing so. While I do agree that abortion is thrown around far to lightly by some, this is not the majority. Everyone should still have the right to make their own choice. So while it saddens me, that some people would end the life of their own child, it is a choice that you personally should make. I'd rather see abortions be legal - and people be educated, that have abortions be illegal and people getting them illegally and risking their own health.

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
I'm voting for Obama for all the reasons stated earlier.

A few years ago I checked into what I would have if I would have had all my Social Security withholding placed into the stock market instead for the last 40 years. I also used 6% ROA calculation. The results of both were about the same, around $700,000. I'm just a regular middle class worker in a support position with a college education, but I've been working since I was 16. I will have to recalculate that and see what the number is this year. I can tell you that I will not receive all that back in payments once I retire. In fact, assuming a 6% return that would fund $3,500 a month in perpetuity. Instead I will receive $2,300 a month.

The reason "they say" SS is going away is because that money was pilfered and put into the General Fund. When money is needed for SS, it's going to come back out of the General Fund. I'm not worried about that. But I have a feeling younger folks will have to wait until they are 70 years old before they receive SS benefits.

Many of the programs and laws we have are because businesses don't take care of their rank and file employees. Once there was a time when you could be fired the day before your 30th anniversary, which was the eligibility for your retirement benefit, and receive zero. Now we have laws to that workers aren't robbed of their benefits if they work a minimum number of years. Profit is more important than employees.

BostonBanker

Although I would say wen have a lot of choice about their bodies when it comes to choosing an act that could result in a pregnancy. Barring rape, we all have a choice. We all know what sex can result in... I sometimes wish there was a little more of a personal responsibility mind set these days. Sex is fun but we all know that babies are a very possible result. I get that people are more sexually liberal but is that a good choice if you can't handle the real possibilities
Can I vote you for president?

I am essentially non-religious. I am a woman of child bearing age. I am anti-abortion. I am pro-Take Responsibility for Yourself. I don't think abortion should be illegal, but I am appalled at how it is often used. We had a girl at work - just out of high school, boyfriend was just out of high school. Neither in secure jobs, neither pursuing higher education. When she went in for her *third* abortion in not much over a year, the doctor refused to do it for reasons regarding her health. They now have a child that, I have no doubt, We the People will be paying for. There comes a point where expecting the world to clean up your messes for you gets a bit old.

I'd like a law where woman have full rights over their bodies when they take full responsibility for what comes out of it, but then people accuse me of saying only the rich should have kids. I know plenty of non-rich people who take full responsibility for their kids and give them great lives. But they planned for it.

It isn't a mystery as to how babies are made. Abortion should be practically unnecessary (health/rape reasons obviously are very valid).

Planned Parenthood didn't quite no how to take me when they called to do a poll about how young woman should clearly only be liberal....

Lyzelle

Still dislike Romney. Still pretty assured on the fact that he has the moral ethics of Nixon and the economics of Bush.

Therefore, still voting for Obama. Because as a military wife, woman, student, and believer in equal rights, I'm all for the lesser of two evils.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Still dislike Romney. Still pretty assured on the fact that he has the moral ethics of Nixon and the economics of Bush.

Therefore, still voting for Obama. Because as a military wife, woman, student, and believer in equal rights, I'm all for the lesser of two evils.
I basically agree with everything here (minus being a military wife.)

Members online

No members online now.