The Dogs Tricks and Training Workbook.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I picked up a new book tonight while I was out getting a toy for the girls. :) It's 'The Dogs Tricks and Training Workbook', by Kyra Sundance.

Anyone ever heard of it? Anyone have it? It even comes with flashcards. :D

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I started the book last night, and I love it for a few reasons. One it's clicker based training, two it's an actual workbook (with questions for you to answer, reviews at the ends of units, etc. And three the flashcards are amazing, there are flashcards for thirty ticks with detailed instructions and a place to keep track of how many reps you've done.

I was tempted to skip to the end, but I'm doing it the way she recommends and going through the entire book every page. I know that each 'chapter' or unit builds on the skills learned from the last. It's a lot of fun.

It feels great to have my clicker out again.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I might have to get it lol. I've contemplated buying "101 Dog Tricks" which she's the author of as well. Maybe I'll get both. :D I've been trying to think of some fun tricks to teach.

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I'll probably pick up '101 dog tricks' after I finish the workbook. It's set up in a nice fun way. :)

Like I already said, I love the flash cards. Especially the part that allows you to count reps.

I haven't put the dvd in yet.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
ohh sounds cool!! ive been on a kick watching youtube training vids and training the dogs some new stuff

i need a book that tells you how to do multiple dog tricks lol

Members online

No members online now.