The Official AlliePets Portrait Thread

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I figured I would go ahead and make a thread for completed portraits to be posted, with permission from the owners.

This will include dogs, cats, and all sort of pets otherwise. If you're ever interested in a portrait of your own, I'll be providing my official contact information soon, once my work is complete on establishing my business. (I'm SO close.) You can also check out my site placeholder in my sig.

Thanks for looking!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Here is one I did of a friend's cat. Her name is Rune, and she has the saddest eyes I have ever seen. She constantly looks pathetic. She is also very adorable and cuddly.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Here's a ferret I did as a promotional tool for the Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa (FRSO). As most of you know, I have two ferrets of my own and I'ma ctively involved with the rescue doing design and illustration work free of charge to them. This was photo-referenced from an image of Porom, and I gave it Palom's colouring, so there's a bland of both my ferrets in this little guy.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Here's the rest of the promo ferrets I made for the FRSO's new campaign. I liked the first one the best, and these ones were cranked out a bit faster to deal with deadlines. I still like them though. :) I tried to cover a variety of colours ferrets can come in.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
those are amazing! ive been looking for somewhere to do a fun portrait of kenya.
i have a question tho, do you email the finished product to the owner or mail it so it can be framed or something?

do you make it straight from a picture or do you ask for many pictures and just improvise?

Those are really really cute! i love the ferts <3

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
those are amazing! ive been looking for somewhere to do a fun portrait of kenya.
i have a question tho, do you email the finished product to the owner or mail it so it can be framed or something?

do you make it straight from a picture or do you ask for many pictures and just improvise?

Those are really really cute! i love the ferts <3
Yay! Thanks for the compliments. :D

I'm currently working out negotiations with a company that does Giclee printing (printing to canvas) to have my portraits printed to canvas, then sent to the recipient. If you don't mind waiting a little bit, I 'll be letting everyone know when this is set up. For the time being, I've been emailing a high-resolution digital copy to recipients.

I can work straight from a photo or I can improvise. It's all up to the personal preference of the owner. Often, when I improvise, the portrait becomes a bit more "cartoonish", while photo-referencing makes the portrait a bit more realistic style. It's just me working on my own vs. working directly from a photo that reflects the difference. :)

Snip

Banned
I think it was Rune that you were working on the one night when you were setup that folks could watch you as you went.

Allie made it look easy, clicky, clicky, and things were happening. Note I said made it LOOK easy!!

Actually it was great to watch the process, it's different than the normal 'way' we're taught to draw.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Very nice. I can sed why that first ferret is your favorite. Shows grace and personality.styling all the way.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OMG, Red Dog. <3 Did you show it to Candy yet?? She's going to absolutely cry when she sees it...

Members online

No members online now.