Need alot of help with 7month old puppy! PLS

Here goes. I moved 2 days ago to a new apt. My beagle was going to the wee wee pads all the time in the old apt. I mean every single time. Now in the new place he wont go on them.
btw, I had the wee wee pads in the bathroom at the old place, and now in the bathroom at the new place.
In the new place, he has went to the wee wee pads 2x, and thats it.
How can I get him to go again, where he used to go all the time?

bubbatd

Could this be the time to wean him away from the pads ?? Outside pots and pees ??

Its hard for me to take him out, i live in nyc, in a high rise building. I take him out for walks, but if he doesnt do it outside, i'm not going to be outside with him all day.
what i dont understand is, how can he go all the time on the pads in the bathroom in the old place, then not want go in the new place

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
Well, it sounds to me like he is adjusting to the new place and may not be 100% settled in and comfortable yet. I have a Beagle too, and I couldn't imagine not having a yard for him, he loves to be outside soooooo much. But, then again, they grow accustomed to their surroundings I am sure.

I am struggling with the potty training of my Bailey right now during the day while I am away, be glad your puppy doesn't shred the wee pads like my Bailey does.

I would suggest to start from square one with him on the training. Keep constant attention on him at all times, and when he starts indicating he has to go, take him to the wee pads and use your "key phrase". I use tee tee and potty for Bailey's duties. I did this to be able to distinguish for him the 2, and surprisingly he has picked up on it well. Beagle's are extremely smart dogs, just tend to be stubborn too (I am sure this is nothing new to you though). You may also want to reward him with treats when he goes. Just a thought. Good luck.

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
Btw, what is your Beagle's name and I'd love to see some more pictures of him. If you're interested also, I frequent another message board @
http://beagles.meetup.com/boards/

The other Beagle owners I talk to there are very friendly and have great information. Also, I believe a few may be in your area (NYC/Jersey).

Members online

No members online now.