Poor Labs!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I don't know WHY people think that they can just breed dogs without any rhyme or reason! I just had the problem yesterday with the lady confusing my dog for the dog that got her dog pregnant (the female dog was a lab) and then today I'm out walking my dogs and I see two labs (in the same yard) both VERY pregnant. These two labs are outside day and night. I'm not even sure they are both purebreeds either, I know one for sure isn't because her ears are straight up. I just made me mad that these people think they have the right to breed their dogs and raise puppies when they don't even have the time to spend with the mothers. You can walk by that house any hour of the day and those poor mommas are outside. I see one dog house for them and it's very run down looking. They used to have another lab too but that one has been gone for a few weeks (maybe that was the daddy). It made me mad and I thought maybe with time my anger would go away but it hasn't and I had to post. I know there is someone always home too because she is constantly at the park with her daughter and she used to go to the petstore that I work at to pick up dog food. I don't understand why the dogs have to be outside, especially not that it is so hot and they are pregnant probably due very soon. Where are they going to have the puppies at? I'm worried about them and I'm going to call the animal control about them tomorrow morning. Maybe they will have a word with the owners about keeping pregnant dogs outside in this heat all day and night.

bubbatd

How about a nice talk about your concern to the neighbor ??? Let ehr ( them ) know what you've learned here,,,,, continue what your hear ............

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
yeah maybe I should try that. Just worried for the dogs. I hope maybe I am mistaken and they aren't pregnant. They just look like they are nursing or are getting ready to nurse.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
that's what I was thinking of doing tomorrow morning. They usually are too lazy to get up and do anything though. They'll probably just say as long as they have shelter and food and water are being given to them then it's legal.

nedim

Wouldnt the whole "pregnant bitches outside with no shelter or care for newborn pups" be of any persuasion to them?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
nedim said:
Wouldnt the whole "pregnant bitches outside with no shelter or care for newborn pups" be of any persuasion to them?
You would think so wouldn't you. We have called them once before for an aggressive dog running at large and they said they'd come right over to try and get the dog and we never saw them. They do have 1 run down dog house that I guess could constitute as shelter. I'm still going to call them maybe they will do something about it since it concerns puppies.

nedim

juliefurry said:
You would think so wouldn't you. We have called them once before for an aggressive dog running at large and they said they'd come right over to try and get the dog and we never saw them. They do have 1 run down dog house that I guess could constitute as shelter. I'm still going to call them maybe they will do something about it since it concerns puppies.
Thats a great thing to do. Maybe since you've complained to them before, they'll be a bit more serious this time. Also, I cant imagine that they would just leave newborn pups outside to fend for themselves. Thats gotta be illegal, if I'm not mistaken.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I think it is illegal to leave the pups outside. I'm pretty sure these people wouldn't be THAT ignorant though. It's just I don't like the fact that the momma dogs are outside all day and all night and never allowed inside. Being out in this heat can't be too comfortable given their delicate condition. I hope these people wouldn't leave momma and pups out in the heat. Although yesterday the woman that claimed my dog was the father of her dog's pups kept her dog out in a baby pool in the garage. The baby pool was the whelping box.

nedim

Dont know what the point of having a dog is if youre gonna torture it by keeping it outside. Kinda defies the whole purpose.lol. I hope it works out for the mother labs and pups. Even the shelter would be a good alternative to the harsh heat. Keep us updated. I'm getting curious as to how this will end.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I never got that. What the hell is the point in having a dog if it's just going to be tied up outside the whole time?

I mean, seriously.. no one I know has ever been able to answer that, lol.

nedim

BigDog2191 said:
I never got that. What the hell is the point in having a dog if it's just going to be tied up outside the whole time?

I mean, seriously.. no one I know has ever been able to answer that, lol.

Its one of those un-answerable questions. Like the whole chicken vs. egg thing.lol

dani12

That's sad. Just try and give the Hum. Soc. a call; it couldn't hurt. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have dogs. We have a neighbor who let their dog run around the neighborhood. We've talked to them about it and the Hum. Soc. has as well but they still let him run. He has since been hit by a car (not bad) and I haven't seen him out as much lately. Hopefully they've learned something from such a sad incident...

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I wonder that too. I mean, I'm used to country dogs that are outside day and night, but they're out running around keeping the foxes out of the chicken coop and stuff like that. Town people....I couldn't begin to guess. Maybe they want the prestige of having a dog without acutally "having" a dog. Dogs mean drool and hair and chew toys and more and more people don't want to have to deal with all that.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well I went to the animal control and told them and they went and talked to the owner's (I saw their truck). I asked for a call back but I don't think they'll call me. I hope something good came of this though.

nedim

juliefurry said:
Well I went to the animal control and told them and they went and talked to the owner's (I saw their truck). I asked for a call back but I don't think they'll call me. I hope something good came of this though.

I'm sure they will straighten up. I mean, whats the point in being that stubborn?

I know someone who chains their lab to a dog house 24/7. It bugs the heck out of me.....I feel like grabbing the dog and keeping him......giving him a nice warm bath to get all the poop off of him, lots of food to fill him up, and a ton of attention to replace the attention he rarely got.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
The dogs haven't been outside today. I walked by there a few times and they weren't out. I think I heard barking from inside though (may have been the neighbors house though). Maybe they straightened them out.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I hope they learned something from the HS coming out to speak with them. I was thinking all through this thread... if the bitches are indeed pregnant how would the owners ever know if they went into labour. They are out in the backyard alone all day so no one is going to see them if they start having their puppies. I HOPE this visit from the HS helped. Hopefully they aren't the type of people that will just bring the dog in for the day in case the HS comes back and then put her back outside again. I hope if you see this that you will call the HS again. I hope those puppies turn out ok :(

Members online

No members online now.