Fran are you and everyone you know okay?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I'm fine, as are my friends that were running today. Thank you so much for the concern, Merlin and I were walking by the race area and heard the noise, I thought it was thunder and the chaos started and we got home.

The police are now telling everyone in the surrounding city to stay in their apartment buildings.. they aren't sure if they are going to bus everyone out yet.
My apartment is only a block from the area, so helicopters and ambulances and everything are still everywhere but I am so thankful that everyone I know is safe
but so heartbroken for all the victims :( what a senseless tragedy. it's a MARATHON!

GoingNowhere

Glad you and your friends are all right. I can't imagine.

My sister just barely didn't qualify for the Boston Marathon... at the time it was a disappointment for her, now it's a relief - for me at least

Just so happy you're ok Fran. My heart just stopped when I heard and then I remembered you lived there I'm just so glad you and Merlin are safe.

Just so senseless. I've felt on the verge of tears since the first news hit our store.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
How is Merlin handling it? The chaos must be very confusing for him!
He seemed the kind of sense the chaos when we were getting home, there were lots of people running and all the ambulances and police and people shouting, he was very alert and kind of anxious but didn't panic, which I'm thankful for because I was totally in a state.

Ever since we got home he got right into comfort mode. I think he can tell I'm upset, he has been snuggled to my side and hasn't budged (even when I was an hour late to give him his dinner!)

There were just so many little things.. I was late because I missed my train, I wasn't at the finish line already because a few people stopped me to pet Merlin.. all those things that ANNOYED me you know? I was late, I had people to meet.
and now I'm so relieved I wasn't there and my friends were waiting for me before we headed over.

The whole situation is just awful. I'm not a sports person.. but this city lights up when we have these kind of events. People running for charity, kids, parades, families, friends.... only to be turned into something beyond horrible.

There are people donating blood and people helping and I can't even do that because we are ordered to stay in our buildings until they sweep the area.

BostonBanker

There are people donating blood and people helping and I can't even do that because we are ordered to stay in our buildings until they sweep the area.
You are doing exactly what the city needs you to do right now. The less people who are out there, the easier everyone's jobs will be. There will be time for helping later. The need is not going to disappear very quickly, I'm afraid.

So glad you are safe. I've now got confirmation from all my friends in the city that they are safe; time to just start thinking of those who aren't so lucky.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
You are doing exactly what the city needs you to do right now. The less people who are out there, the easier everyone's jobs will be. There will be time for helping later. The need is not going to disappear very quickly, I'm afraid.

So glad you are safe. I've now got confirmation from all my friends in the city that they are safe; time to just start thinking of those who aren't so lucky.
This. I have a friend who was there with his daughter and her mother, who was in the race. When I saw the photo of them alive and well I burst into tears.

Please stay right where you are, be safe.

crazedACD

Glad you are OK Fran. Stay safe.

A family friend was running in the Marathon and we haven't heard anything. Hoping no news is good news. A good chunk of my extended family live in the starting town (Hopkinton)..my brother is over there visiting.. and I'm thankful there was nothing there.

Very sad and tragic, I don't know what's wrong with people. They are saying 12 dead now. :(

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
A family friend was running in the Marathon and we haven't heard anything. Hoping no news is good news. A good chunk of my extended family live in the starting town (Hopkinton)..my brother is over there visiting.. and I'm thankful there was nothing there.
You can check here to see their progress through checkpoints:
http://www.baa.org/individual.html

That is how I knew my friend had finished but only ten minutes before the blasts...

Paige

Let it be
So happy to hear you are safe Fran. I can't even believe these things happen.

Romy

Taxiderpy
So glad you guys and your families are safe. (((hugs)))

Just found out my cousins are okay. One of them was close enough to see the blasts. The other is a police officer and probably out there doing his job atm.

Stay safe everyone.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Glad you're safe. One of my first reactions was to think of you cuz I know you and Merlin are always out and about.

Stay safe!

Airn

As with everyone else, glad you are safe. I was on my lunch break when this happened and rushed to Chaz and saw your post about it.

I hope it doesn't take too long for things to calm down. At least you have Merlin. :)

Members online