I had a visitor....

scob89

DILLIGAF?
....While I was stripping a bike that I got yesterday.
I had gone to get the digi cam to take a pic of something by my shop but it was gone by the time I got back but then i went over to the bike and look who I found.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/scob89/P1210160.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/scob89/P1210161.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/scob89/P1210162.jpg

OK now normally I would have just shoved him out of the way but come on this guy was as big as my hand.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/scob89/P1210163.jpg

My mom and sister don't like these little guys but you would'ent belive how many bugs they eat in a day!! After the photoshoot of him was done I put him back in our grove where the litttle buggers hidout. He should be happy there with all the bugs.

scob89

DILLIGAF?
Most people around here just sqush them because they don't like them, but not me. I remember when I was 10 I found one that was as big as a CD and thats the biggest one I have ever found so far.

I love toads! I also love lizards, snakes, rats, mice, and all those gicky things that I'm not supposed to like. :) When I was a kid we would run around all night catching the little frogs in the grass. Very fond amphibian-related memories!

scob89

DILLIGAF?
Who says that your not suppose to like them? I like most of them, but not all. Snakes have to be my favorite ones of the buch. Its fun to catch frog, but its easyer to catch toads.

Debi

He sure is a plump one! I, too, love toads, frogs, snakes, lizards. We have a ton of those really tiny toads in our yard...when you first notice them, they look like a big jumping bug. Oh they are soooo cute. I'm glad you put him in a happy place to eat...you're a good guy, Scob. :)

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Ahh! He's lovely! I had a whole pond full of frogs back in the UK and I loved them. I felt guilty leaving them in case the next person hated frogs and tried to kill them.....You are a star for putting him somewhere safe :)

I've always loved the little bug-eaters, lol! Out in northern California, where I grew up, there are big aqueducts. When the water went down in the spring and summer, frogs would lay eggs down there and when they'd hatch we'd go down and catch frogs and bring them home and turn them loose in the garden. My Dad had to be very careful mowing the grass! We made sure there were shallow trays of water in the shade under the plants for them.

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
Wow! We don't have toads where I live, but we have a couple of frogs in the wetlands around my area. The toad's face in the last picture is so funny! It so reminds me of Mr Toad (?) from Wind in the Willows. I can't believe you said people squash them! :eek: Eww!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Oh sooooooooooooooo cute!

I love frogs/toads! When I was a kid (a LONG time ago!) in Oregon we had lots and lots of frogs around, and we would also collect the eggs from ponds and "hatch up" some of our own... but NEVER see frogs around here these days! :confused:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He is a rite handsome fellow, i am very fond of toads..he has lots of yellow that i have not seen before, ours are all shades of brown. Glad you had a vistitor. glad u shared him with me! :)

gapeach

Big Mutts
My mom and sister don't like these little guys but you would'ent belive how many bugs they eat in a day!! After the photoshoot of him was done I put him back in our grove where the litttle buggers hidout. He should be happy there with all the bugs.[/QUOTE]

I bet he's bragging to all his frog/toad friend's about being a model now. ;)

Members online

No members online now.