The Venting Thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I hurt so I decided to go for a walk to loosen my muscles up. Omg after 20 mins I felt like I was going to fall down! My gluts and my thighs(dunno the muscle) are killing me. And every now and then I take a step and feel the muscle on the top of my thigh tighten and then release and it makes me feel all wobbly.

Is that normal?

I hurt so I decided to go for a walk to loosen my muscles up. Omg after 20 mins I felt like I was going to fall down! My gluts and my thighs(dunno the muscle) are killing me. And every now and then I take a step and feel the muscle on the top of my thigh tighten and then release and it makes me feel all wobbly.

Is that normal?
Yes and no....that helps right?

Kind of depends on the training....if you are doing a bit more hardcore jump in, then yes, normal (to an extent).

My first day after my first bootcamp, oh my! I couldn't even sit down to pee without help from a wall, etc. And yes, my legs did this weird spasm thing that made me feel very awkward. Worse was I had to drive 4 hours that evening and everything locked up worse in the car.

My one friend who is a fitness buff does not like this style...prefers a slower more gentle approach. I think I kind of see merit in both.

Now though, its better. I still will get over sore if a new muscle group is worked that I am not used to but today, even after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night (thanks new LKH book) I am just a tiny bit sore and that's after a fairly intense workout.

For me, I soaked in Epsom, and took magnesium and a bit of ibuprofen.

My friend who does bootcamp with me swears by rolling...basically using a foam roller (like a noodle) to kind of roll over the sore muscles to help them.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug

Is that normal?
Yes. Well it is for me when I do a ridiculous amount of air squats.

I swear by rolling. Oh man if i didn't have my foam roller I don't know what I'd do.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My workouts have always been going and doing the elliptical or something for 30 mins. Yesterday we did planks, squats, push ups(sissified for me lol), squat jumps, etc and sprinted 1/4th a mile. Hopefully I get more used to it as we to on. I'm woefully out of shape.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yes. Well it is for me when I do a ridiculous amount of air squats.

I swear by rolling. Oh man if i didn't have my foam roller I don't know what I'd do.
I did a ton of squats yesterday lol.

It also hurts to laugh. Some muscle on my side is sore.

Zhucca

Lab Love

Is that normal?

Your quads are probably hurting, if it's the muscle in the front. If it's in the back, those are your hamstrings.

But what you're experiencing is DOMS - Delayed onset muscle soreness. It happens from working out a muscle you don't usually, going really hard on it, or not stretching after your work out. I kinda like it, it makes me feel like I worked out hard. But legs are KILLER doms when I get them. So yeah those do suck. I got them over the weekend from friday 'cause I increased my weight on my squat. Went from 155 to 175 and maaan I was hurting some bad the next day. I don't think I stretched enough.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It's normal. Soak in a hot bath with epsom salts (they make some with eucalyptus and stuff to help with muscle soreness) and try not to take any pain meds unless you it's straight up just too painful without it. I can't find the article right now but somebody on here linked how ibuprofen can modify your body's natural healing, and it's best to just tough it out if you can. I think it was releasethehounds who linked it maybe. Here's a similar one though.
http://www.liftbigeatbig.com/2011/11/how-ibuprofen-will-hinder-your.html

It will get better. It'll take time but you will get stronger.
Just a warning though, DOMS is sneaky sneaky and for me it's often worse the second day after a workout...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm not even lifting weights on my squats. /fail/

I hope I get better and more fit so I can do these things pain free in due time.

Also a totally different vent but if my phone autocorrects 'I think' to 'I honk' one more time I swear.....

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Don't worry about it!! Body weight squats are squats too. In fact the guy who created Nerd Fitness has a spinal condition and switched to a LOT of body weight workouts. His doctors have cleared him to lift again but he's not sure if he can ever lift like he used to. But that doesn't mean he's failing. He's doing what he can with the cards he was dealt. We all have to.

I'll say it again, body weight squats are squats too.

Zhucca

Lab Love

I hope I get better and more fit so I can do these things pain free in due time.

Also a totally different vent but if my phone autocorrects 'I think' to 'I honk' one more time I swear.....
I wouldn't worry about adding weight until you want too. Body weight squats are ample for the average fit goal. My goals ultimately will turn into powerlifting so I'm setting up my routine to best compliment that when I slim down some more. I'm cutting down and once I reach a weight of around 140 I'll start getting down to business. So I want to keep as much muscle as possible - which is lifting as heavy as I can.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yes and no....that helps right?

Kind of depends on the training....if you are doing a bit more hardcore jump in, then yes, normal (to an extent).

My first day after my first bootcamp, oh my! I couldn't even sit down to pee without help from a wall, etc. And yes, my legs did this weird spasm thing that made me feel very awkward. Worse was I had to drive 4 hours that evening and everything locked up worse in the car.

My one friend who is a fitness buff does not like this style...prefers a slower more gentle approach. I think I kind of see merit in both.

Now though, its better. I still will get over sore if a new muscle group is worked that I am not used to but today, even after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night (thanks new LKH book) I am just a tiny bit sore and that's after a fairly intense workout.

For me, I soaked in Epsom, and took magnesium and a bit of ibuprofen.

My friend who does bootcamp with me swears by rolling...basically using a foam roller (like a noodle) to kind of roll over the sore muscles to help them.
I love rolling too, when I pony a few rank horses, I get sore & rolling is a god send!

Also I hear you about the soreness in a muscle group that you don't use, I get that when I pony rank horses ... Yikes!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Just got to the beach for the family vacation and have already been told that I'm not allowed to talk about my dogs at all on this trip. Wtf? I want to go home now.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Just got to the beach for the family vacation and have already been told that I'm not allowed to talk about my dogs at all on this trip. Wtf? I want to go home now.
What??
Jerks. =< I'm sorry. Just... ugh. "Not allowed?" You're a bloody adult and you can talk about whatever you want...

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Yeah, errr.. I would from that moment forward do nothing but talk about my dogs. To the point I'd even bore myself.

Seriously. I'd talk even when no one else was talking. And repeat each story 12 times and laugh at my own inside jokes.

I'd be the most irritating dog talking person to be around ever.

And they'd shove it in their pipe and smoke it!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yeah, errr.. I would from that moment forward do nothing but talk about my dogs. To the point I'd even bore myself.

Seriously. I'd talk even when no one else was talking. And repeat each story 12 times and laugh at my own inside jokes.

I'd be the most irritating dog talking person to be around ever.

And they'd shove it in their pipe and smoke it!
That is kind of my reaction too. "Oh really? So this one time, my dog pooped, and it looked like this..."

Tell each person there that they're not allowed to talk about whatever their special interest or hobby is. They still won't get it, but it will make you feel better for a second.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Work SUCKED and because the issue is the owner of the business, it's not going to get better.

Related vent: I HATE job hunting. With a passion.

GoingNowhere

I grabbed the pile of mail out of the mailbox today and walked halfway up the driveway before I felt a sharp sting on my wrist. Turns out a bunch of ants had made the mailbox their home while I was away for the past few days and I was covered in ants, all of whom seemed all too happy to bite me everywhere. To makes matters worse, after setting the mail down on the driveway to get the 50,000 ants off of my arms, I picked the mail back up and when I shook it to get the remaining ants off, a huge pile of white eggs fell out of one of the magazines. No way was that one coming inside. Sorry, Mom. If you read this, your LL Bean magazine is in the trash. Now I'm itchy everywhere and feel like there are still ants all over me even though I know I got them all off.

Members online

No members online now.