As soon as you got your puppy, what did you do with it?

TheWonderPuppies

Pres. Of Gutter Club.....
I opened the crate door and let them come out on there own but they were realy friendly and sick sop we just kinda let them wander around on the tile since we got them in the evening.

bubbatd

Don't understand ! Depends on the breed, .... I never caged any of my Goldens.

Saje

Island dweller
Played with them. They were all needy and wanted attention. Gave them love. Nanook came and leaned up against me and gave a biiiigggg sigh. No cages here either.

Gave her a tour...
You know showed her where her food and water dish were, sat with her for awhile there so she would know where that was if she got thirsty.
Then LOTS of love. So she could adjust well and know we loved her
Elissa

Cassie wanted to play, so we played with her. Roxie was freaked out, so I left her crate door open and she pretty much cowered in there the first day. basically let them get used to us the way they wanted to.

nedim

i played with her the entire day until we oth collapsed from exhaustion.

yoko

i got yoshi from a shelter so beforei could pick her up she had to be fixed she had just turned four months old. i had taken three days off work to be with her when i first got her. all she wanted to do was touch me and to sit in my lap :)

usurp

Belgian Shepherd Tervuere
our puppy arrived from Belgium at 1AM in the morning. After spending 2 hours getting the paperwork to release him done we took him home. I gave him 1/2kg of raw meat to eat since he was really hungry. I then took him out onto the balcony so he can breath some fresh air but on the way in he rammed into the balcony glass door. He didn't know what happened and tried coming in again but once again he slammed into the glass door. I don't think he knew what a glass door was, it must have been his first experience with one. When I tried to show him the way in where there was no glass door he wouldnt come in because he thought he would still hit his head. really funny and cute.

Last edited:

Doggish.Obsession

Bombed To-Be Puppy Owner
PoodleMommy said:
Gave her a tour...
You know showed her where her food and water dish were, sat with her for awhile there so she would know where that was if she got thirsty.
Then LOTS of love. So she could adjust well and know we loved her
Elissa

Ooooh Very good idea. *scribbles it down on the notepad of notes I've been taking from this site*

LOL

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Took him outside to show him where to go potty, and then introduced him to the cats.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Let her go to the loo outside, then took her into the kitchen, which was 'her' space to begin with.

Showed her her bed, water etc then just sat on the floor and watched her!!!

She wanted to play, so we played for a bit, then she crashed out and snoozed!!

aelizilly

Beagle Bailey
When I first brought Bailey home, he was so calm and almost seemed sedated. So all he did was cuddle. So I set up his food/crate area and showed him everything, then we cuddled on the couch for the rest of the evening. He also had his first meal when we got home b/c we had had a very long day by that time.

Tinaweena

Brought Boone inside, then straight to the backdoor for potty time. Always good to start nice habits early. Then back inside so we could watch him and figure out what his name was. We played, he got a tour of him new home, and then I called friends over to meet him, but only a few since I didn't want to scare him. He fell asleep.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well with Hannah I basically introduced her to the other dogs, found a crate small enough to fit her, and then watched her and let her explore and took her outside every so often.

With Holly we took her to the petstore to get a bath and new toys right away. When we got home we let her meet Hannah outside first thing, then I took her inside and showed her her toys and food and water bowl, I fed the girls and then we all played and snuggled and had a good time.

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
Shippo arrived at my airport from Canada. I brought him home in his crate, sat it down, and opened the door and let him sit in it until he felt like coming out. When he came out I took him outside in the back yard and we walked around. No pottying, so I brough him back in and stuck him back in the crate (potty training started on day 1 lol). Then I fed him in there since it had been a long trip.

Afterwards, I gave him a bath, as he'd had an accident during the flight. The people in customs cleaned his crate for me before I got there, but Shippo was stinky lmao...

I carried him to the store when he was dry, and got his leash and collar (didn't put him on the ground though). Then we went home and I took some pictures.

Err... that's about it on the first day.

huskymad

we let kavik explore & meet other dogs, by the 2nd day he was like this with mishka my 2 yr bitch, they are inseperable now& always playing around together

I picked up my Cane Corso from the airport and on the way home she sat on my lap chewing a braided bully stick. Once home I let her loose, but I was beside her the whole time and she stayed in the sun room.

Members online

No members online now.