This puppy will be the death of me

DJEtzel

The saying, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" comes to mind.

Patton has had some weird behaviors come up that prompted me to have all sorts of blood and urine sent to MSU Monday to test for everything under the sun... Hoping to hear back about the results by today at the latest, or I'll be calling to see what's going on.

After the worry over this, he decided to break my tooth yesterday and then eat my new 35 prime camera lens. :rolleyes:

Untitled by DJetzel, on Flickr

As crazy as he's been and all the problems (and money!) he's causing me, he's settled down in some areas which is making me happy, and he still loves playing disc, so I can't stay mad for long! (It was also my fault for bending over the water bowl with my face over his head and leaving the lens sitting out...)

Just a few pictures and videos of how he's coming along. He's 9 months old now and all we've been doing is disc work, really. Finally did a little heelwork at the park during disc play the other day...

There will be discs...

New super swirl- we love it!!

There will be blood...

Such good models...

He's been great at the vet for all the tests.

He even makes friends... sort of.

He'd also like to thank Feist and Carma for the awesome recommendation...

Some much needed heelwork
[youtube]c8rPPO_tBe8[/youtube]

and some random disc with distractions - please don't mind my awful throwing - it was very windy and I'm still getting used to directions with my left arm throwing. Patton's pretty good at compensating for my struggles. haha.

[youtube]VCDbD2DcrW8[/youtube]

DJEtzel

Haha we did too, Meagan!!

Good news is all of the ridiculous tests came back JUST fine, and the vet doesn't think I have reason to be concerned at this time. Unless he loses more weight/has more symptoms crop up, we're going to end the search for a problem and call him healthy. :)

Stingr69

Papillon Fan
Had my Minolta camera case consumed many years ago - I feel you there. :mad:

I have to add you are doing amazingly well with the heeling. We had several young German Shepherds in obedience class that were rather unruly. The trainers are very good with GSDs because they know exactly how to handle them but still they appeared to be high strung.

-Mark.

DJEtzel

Thanks Mark, I appreciate it!

We have definitely come a long way- and have quite a way to go still. But we're having fun and learning a lot. He can definitely have a frantic energy about him, so training keeps him very focused and takes the edge off. He loves playing with me and I love that about him.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I love his enthusiasm for heelwork :)
Patton is growing up so nicely, glad to hear the tests came back ok!

DJEtzel

when did he get so big & grown up looking? Glad to see he is still a bad puppy at heart <3
That's a fantastic question! I think about a month ago he hit a major growth spurt! He won't be growing up mentally for a while though.. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing just depends on the day. :rofl1:

I love his enthusiasm for heelwork :)
Patton is growing up so nicely, glad to hear the tests came back ok!
Thanks!

ALSO, the lens is thankfully not broke/ruined. It's very cosmetically challenged, and I can't use a lens cap for it, but it DOES work... not even any scratches on the glass! :yikes:

Members online

No members online now.