Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

yoko

I love dogs that love you that much... Makes me think if she really wants a dog or should just have a cat...?
I don't think she should have any living thing in her care right now

LOL I love dogs like that, if I had a dog that wasn't a "stalker" I think my feelings would be hurt lol.
SAME. Lol I'd be all like "why am I so boring my dog isn't interested in me??"

ACooper

Well Yoko and Dogdragoness........perhaps you should consider an Orson if you like saran wrap dogs! LOL

He not only NEEDS to keep me in sight, he NEEDS to be touching.......laying on my feet, leaning on my leg, etc etc etc And please don't get me started about bathroom trips! :rofl1:

BostonBanker

I am in bed and just clicked off my phone an stretched. I didn't sit up, barely moved but I now have a Malinois on my head. lol OMG!
Well, I think that settles the question of what Gusto's other half is. Must be teacup Malinois. I swear, I haven't even fully recognized that I'm awake in the morning before he is rolling around on my face. I've stayed in the most uncomfortable positions for ages, just because he actually was settled and I didn't want to disturb the peace.

Paige

Let it be
My cat is a thousand times more clingy than my dog. He drives EVERYONE mental. His emotional needs are much more demanding than my dog. Bandit? Sure he loves his family. He doesn't like beng left out. But he also just shadows. He doesn't get up in your face and DEMAND love like my cat does. He is content to simply be near you.

yoko

Well Yoko and Dogdragoness........perhaps you should consider an Orson if you like saran wrap dogs! LOL

He not only NEEDS to keep me in sight, he NEEDS to be touching.......laying on my feet, leaning on my leg, etc etc etc And please don't get me started about bathroom trips! :rofl1:
Aww I love that <3

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am only Beezers when hubby isn't home. Once hubby comes home Beezer wants to wear him LOL. he is all about hubby but I will do in a pinch if he has no one else to follow around.

The good news is... Beezer will NOT enter the bathroom lol. He wants to stay close but he will not set one paw inside that room. here is an example. Taken yesterday while I was giving Hannah a bath

My dogs all subscribe to a philosophy that can best be summed up as "Sure, you're already petting me, but it never hurts to paw/nudge/lick/drop into your lap for attention anyway."

Especially the boys. When they want lovin's, they are not to be denied. They just sort of sidle up and ooze into your lap like some kind of unstoppable force.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
The stories about your dogs following you guys in the bathroom crack me up. Rowan is very much like that. If the door is completely closed he'll lie outside it and wait, but more often than not I just push it and it swings mostly shut but doesn't latch. Invariably, a moment later he'll come up, hit the door with his nose, and then stare at me from the doorway. It's all "Are you there? Ok, you're there. Let me watch you sit on the toilet for a minute until I'm sure you're not going to escape."

He's a creeper/stalkerdog, too. At work, in the late evening when I'm working at the desk, he stays in the break room because he throws a fit if he's crated in back but knows I'm still there. The door to the break room is directly to the right of the desk. It doesn't latch, and he's figured out how to hit it until it pops open enough for him to stick his nose in and open it. Then he just stands there and stares at me from around the corner of the door. It's kind of cute, but at the same time kind of creepy. He just... stares, lol. He's learned how to do it quietly so I often don't even know he's doing it until I glance that direction and see him there watching me.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Thank You.

"Can't be bothered to take care of a dog? Get a cat instead!" Um.. no. I see this attitude waaaaaay too much (not even here, just generally talking now)
This x 763573583583! Especially since I woke up this morning with one cat sleeping on my hip, and the other in my face meowing for attention. My cats want the same affection, love, and play that my dogs do, just in a different way.
Not to mention food.

Xandra

I have no problem suggesting a cat to someone who doesn't want to take on a dog. Not saying at all that cats aren't a responsibility, or that they don't need attention but most of that attention is cuddling, petting, waving around a feather wand, foot wrestling, etc Stuff that you can do while multitasking.

Not "I need to take an hour out of my day to exercise you" or "sorry, can't stay, I have to go home to let the dog out."

And I kinda like the whooshing/vacuum nose noise. (is that what you mean by the whoosing?) I think it's cute :p

S

SevenSins

I am only Beezers when hubby isn't home. Once hubby comes home Beezer wants to wear him LOL. he is all about hubby but I will do in a pinch if he has no one else to follow around.

The good news is... Beezer will NOT enter the bathroom lol. He wants to stay close but he will not set one paw inside that room. here is an example. Taken yesterday while I was giving Hannah a bath
OMG, I'm not the only one on the planet with a dog named Beezer? Who isn't just referring to an Ibizan? :rofl1:

yoko

I have not problem suggesting a cat to someone who doesn't want to take on a dog. Not saying at all that cats aren't a responsibility, or that they don't need attention but most of that attention is cuddling, petting, waving around a feather wand, foot wrestling, etc Stuff that you can do while multitasking.

Not "I need to take an hour out of my day to exercise you" or "sorry, can't stay, I have to go home to let the dog out."

And I kinda like the whooshing/vacuum nose noise. (is that what you mean by the whoosing?)
I think the problem was that she didn't even like the fact that the dog would look for her. She HATED that. He would look at her lovingly and it would **** her off. She didn't hate spending time attention on him she just hated him.

What if the cat isn't what she wants? What if it's TOO devoted again? I don't want to be the one who recommends her next pet to starve/neglect.

Doberluv

Yep...the boys I've had always have been more in your face affectionate. In my previous house, the bottom of the bathroom door was a couple inches I'd say above the floor. I wish I had a picture, but the few times I managed to get into the bathroom alone, often I'd see two little paws under the door and sometimes I could see part of a black nose. It was the cutest thing ever.

Yes, I can attest to Dobermans. And so can a few breeders I talked to before getting Lyric. I told them most of my dogs have been pretty velcro and came into the bathroom with me. One told me..."Yeah, but the difference with Dobermans is that they don't just come into the bathroom with you. They want to help you wipe." :rofl1: That cracked me up. While watching TV, Lyric would be on the couch next to me and he liked to hold hands. They are really into their owners big time. Of course, my Chihuahuas are something like that too.

Yeah, if someone wants a really independent dog who likes to do his own thing most of the time, there are a few breeds that might tend toward that a little bit. But over all, domestic dogs are "man's best friend" for a reason. If you don't want a constant companion, don't get a dog. Or a cat. Cats are quite sociable, maybe some are a little more independent, but still....the cats I had loved hanging out with their family, loved being talked to, loved sitting on laps and being stroked. I had one cat that would come running when called, meowing loudly...that yowl. He was a Himalayan...made from Persians and Siamese so he had that funny loud, yowly meow.:p

Wow....why do I ramble so much?

Members online

No members online now.