New Crestie pup pics

LilahRoot

She is so so cute! She's a hairy hairless, right? How often do you have to clip the HH dogs? Just curious. I've always loved Cresties.
It really depends. The amount of hair varies quite a bit, and don't really think that you can tell until they are older. I would think that they would need a trim-up about every two weeks or so. Some of the hairy hairless that I have seen look like they are a coated dog except they are bald on their sides and stomach. Some just have an H pattern of hair over the back and legs, but then there are some that are extremely hairy. The true hairless require the least trimming, but their furnishings aren't as lush as the hhl.

Aww, she's adorable! And growing nicely. :) I'm really starting to like Cresties more, although, I think I prefer the hairless' over the powders. :D

Pam111

Yep, she will require some grooming. Her face and back will have to be shaved, but she isn't excessively hairy like some hh i've seen, so I don't think it will be bad.

Oh, I asked FW about the ear taping on the pp and she said they were sitting wrong so she untaped them temporarily but they are normally taped, too.

Pam111

Yep, I've been talking quite a bit with a breeder in pa with hopes to get a puppy from her next summer and she has sent me pictures of her current litters. She tapes ALL of their ears, and she is a well known responsible breeder. She is also the one who told me that she has a hard time finding homes for the powder puffs because everyone seems to want a hairy hairless female.

I think she does have a little underbite, which makes me want her. She is just gorgeous!

ETA: I kept on racking my brain trying to figure out what was different about Panda, and now I have it! Foxy trimmed her up! lol I can't believe it took me so long.:rolleyes:
They all got groomed last week, I think. The PPs sell for less, I know, because in the breed a lot of people are looking for the hairless. I personally think the pp are gorgeous, though, and really like the pp in this litter. When I was looking at a litter a few years ago, I would have gotten a male pp because that was all that was available from that litter. I also like that you can give them a pony cut and still have that "hairless" look if you want

Pam111

Jessie, like how she grooms Ruby who is a pp. If you let the hair grow all the way, they look very terrier like. They're really cute. They do require grooming as the hair continues to grow. FW told me the pp hair is soft and more wooly like than hair-like and that they should be brushed damp to avoid breaking the hair.

LilahRoot

Jessie, like how she grooms Ruby who is a pp. If you let the hair grow all the way, they look very terrier like. They're really cute. They do require grooming as the hair continues to grow. FW told me the pp hair is soft and more wooly like than hair-like and that they should be brushed damp to avoid breaking the hair.
The pp hair can vary quite a bit. I met one just recently that had a coat like cotton! It was matting all over the place. The owner told me that she had to brush him out several times a day to keep him from becoming one giant mat. I would definitely keep one with hair like that in a pony cut. Have you ever felt a pp that's been shaved down? SOFTEST THING EVER!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Interesting! My mom initially wanted a crestie before we got our first pap. So we spent some time with Cresties at dog shows, and they are really cool dogs. To be honest though, I am not sure I could keep up with the grooming requirements! I am a very lazy groomer. But they're still really cool. It's funny because I don't like other hairless animals much at all, but Cresties just look like little ponies.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
To be honest though, I am not sure I could keep up with the grooming requirements! I am a very lazy groomer. But they're still really cool. It's funny because I don't like other hairless animals much at all, but Cresties just look like little ponies.
^This. :p

She's adorable. :)
I hope everything works out well for you.

Pam111

I'm lucky because my MIL is a dog groomer so grooming is free :D
I'll probably have her show me how to trim her face and stuff, though, so I can do it at home, too. Anna needs brushing daily when I keep her coat long, so I'm used to that.

LilahRoot

I'm lucky because my MIL is a dog groomer so grooming is free :D
I'll probably have her show me how to trim her face and stuff, though, so I can do it at home, too. Anna needs brushing daily when I keep her coat long, so I'm used to that.
It really isn't all that complicated to do at home. There are a bunch of how to videos on youtube.

She's so cute!! we need tons of pics when you get her. :D

I like the puffers a lot

Clipping a face is not hard, using the clipper is easy.

The thing that is not easy is to get used to the sound and vibration of the clipper, Pompadour was scared at first but you have to give treats to get them used.

Here's a very good video YouTube - Clipping the Poodle Face

Members online

No members online now.